Hotel Missoni Names General Managers of First to Properties
Edinburgh and Kuwait Hotels to Debut 2009
Hotel Missoni announces the general manager appointments for Hotel Missoni Edinburgh and Hotel Missoni Kuwait City - the first two properties to open in this exciting collaboration between the Rezidor Hotel Group and the renowned Italian fashion and interiors label, Missoni.
Carina Williamson has been named General Manager of Hotel Missoni Edinburgh, a 136-room hotel opening on the city's Royal Mile in May 2009. Pascal Gadet will be General Manager of Hotel Missoni Kuwait, a 169-room resort scheduled to open late spring 2009 as part of a new waterfront shopping and hotel complex on the Arabian Gulf.
Carina Williamson brings extensive hospitality experience in the United Kingdom to her new position at Hotel Missoni Edinburgh. Most recently General Manager of The Radisson SAS Hotel Belfast, she also served as Project Manager for the pre-opening of the Radisson SAS Edinburgh hotel bar. Carina also oversaw pre-openings of Radisson SAS Hotels throughout the UK and Ireland, including new properties in Cork and Limerick. In addition, she has worked with Malmaison Hotel in Glasgow. Born in Norway, Carina is a graduate of the Norwegian Hotel Management School in Stavanger.
A global hospitality veteran, Pascal Gadet joins Hotel Missoni Kuwait with nearly 20 years of experience in hotels throughout Europe, India and the Middle East. Most recently General Manager of the Radisson SAS Resort in El Quseir, Egypt, Pascal's launch of the five-star resort earned him the title 'General Manager of the Year' in the 2007 Esprit Awards. His extensive experience in the Middle East also includes appointments as General Manager at the Radisson SAS Hotel in Kuwait City. A native of Holland, Pascal graduated from Heerlan Hotel Management College in the Netherlands.
Hotel Missoni represents a new standard of design hotel that combines the style of the iconic fashion and interiors label with the expertise of one of the world's leading hotel operators. Spearheaded by Hotel Missoni Creative Director, Rosita Missoni and Rezidor Executive Vice-President of Brands, Gordon McKinnon, the partnership is creating a distinctive blend of fashion, function, form and service that adds up to a new genre of genuinely luxurious hotels. The Edinburgh and Kuwait properties will become the first city-center and resort hotels within the Hotel Missoni portfolio, which will see 30 hotels open or under development within 10 years.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- 1,004 Room DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World Sold to AWH Partners
- Sonoma California Tops Most Expensive U.S. Cities for Hotels This Summer
- Shared Services & Outsourcing Summit for Hospitality & Service - Las Vegas August 10-12.
- Varro Launches RealShares Online Real Estate Investment Platform, Opens Hotel-Focused Fund
- Hollywood Roosevelt Returns to Independently Managed Hotel
- David T. Shapiro Named Executive Vice President and General Counsel For Vail Resorts
- Stephen K. Miller Named SVP of Development and Acquisitions for Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- Jenny Winkler Named Senior Vice President & General Counsel for Rezidor Hotel Group
- Mats Åstrand Named Vice President Food & Beverage for Scandic
- Roger Chacko Named Executive Vice President and Chief Branding and Marketing Officer for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group