HSMAI Unveils 2011 Gold Adrian Award Winners
Winners Epitomize Excellence in Hospitality Advertising, Digital Marketing and Public Relations
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is proud to announce the 2011 Gold Adrian Award winners, representing this year’s top advertising, public relations and digital marketing campaigns from across the hospitality industry.
With nearly 1,000 entries, judging for this year’s Gold Winners category was very competitive. From the entries, HSMAI awarded 29 advertising gold awards, 74 public relations gold awards and 50 digital marketing gold awards. A complete list of this year’s winners can be viewed at http://www.adrianawards.com/gallery/gallery.asp.
“This year’s Adrian Awards call for entries saw a shift to more digital work and campaigns integrating digital marketing mediums,” said Fran Brasseux, executive vice president of HSMAI. “Judges from this year’s competition remarked on the overall high level of creativity displayed in the entries, with those that also delivered strong results rising to the top.”
The judges’ panel shared a variety of key trends and themes amongst the winning entries that distinguished them from the rest of the field. Some of the trends were as follows:
For the Advertising division, the Gold-winning entries were:
- Very authentic and told a story of the places, properties and brands they advertised
- Tailored to a particular niche market
For the Digital Marketing division, Gold-winning entries displayed:
- An extension of the brand promise
- Effective curation
- Mobile as part of integrated campaigns
Winning Public Relations trends included:
- Programs with a strategic objective
- Impressive multichannel marketing campaigns that are integrated on multiple platforms
- Coming up with a creative angle and executing it well; not just relying on the amount of money or celebrity tie-in
Gold Adrian Award winners become finalists for Platinum Adrian Awards, and the coveted “Best of Show” award. Both awards will be announced at the 55th Annual Adrian Awards Dinner Reception and Gala, a black-tie event taking place Feb. 27, 2012, at the New York Marriott Marquis.
HSMAI’s Adrian Awards Reception and Gala is the pinnacle event to recognize inspiring best practices in sales and marketing for the hospitality industry. This multifaceted-event celebrates lifetime achievement; award-winning approaches to advertising, public relations, and digital marketing; and the teams that make it all happen. This black-tie networking extravaganza allows key constituents within the hospitality industry to connect with one another. With an anticipated crowd of nearly 1,000, it is a networking and celebratory event unlike any other.
The HSMAI Adrian Awards competition is comprised of multiple categories in three entry divisions: advertising, public relations, and web marketing. Additionally, top achievers will be considered for specialty awards: the TravelClick eMarketer of the Year and American Express Loyalty Marketing award. Winners of the second annual Leader in Sustainable Tourism Award presented in conjunction with National Geographic Traveler will also be unveiled at the Gala. Gold winners will be celebrated at the Adrian Awards Gala Dinner Reception, which is co-sponsored by HSMAI and Expedia Media Solutions, and their work will be showcased on-screen as part of the Gala opening. All winning entries will be showcased in the online winner’s gallery.
The judging panel for the competition consists of more than 200 industry experts from advertising, public relations, media, and digital marketing disciplines, along with leading members of the travel community.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- HSMAIs Washington Chapter to Feature Seminar With Mark Lomanno
- HSMAI to Host One-Day Revenue Optimization Event in Washington
- HSMAI Foundation Releases Publication on the Evolution of Hotel Sales
- HSMAI Europe Signs Agreement with TripAdvisor
- HSMAI Announces New ROCET Program
- Lodging Interactive Wins Prestigious HSMAI Adrian Award For Web Design & Digital Marketing
- Red Lion Hotels Hello Rewards Technology Platform Wins Gold Loyalty360 Award
- Stanley Turkel Named the Recipient of the Historic Hotels of America 2015 Historian of the Year Award
- Lodging Interactive Wins 10 Website Design Awards
- Ralph R. Miller, CPA, CA, CBV, CHA, CHAE to Receive the 2015 Paragon Award