HSMAI Announces 2012 Americas Executive Committee, Board of Directors
The travel and hospitality industrys leading professional association, the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), has named its 2012 Americas Region Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
Following a year of revisioning and rebranding, HSMAI’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors will continue to drive the association’s mission: “To grow business for hotels and their partners by fueling sales, inspiring marketing, and optimizing revenue." Through its HSMAI’s MEET series, Adrian Awards, revenue optimization events and resources, C-level roundtable discussions, chapters, and expert insights, HSMAI strives to provide industry professionals with the best tools and knowledge to accomplish their goals and grow their businesses.
Additionally, Barb Bowden, general manager of The Peabody Orlando, will serve as HSMAI’s new chair.
“Bowden’s extensive success in the industry and experience with HSMAI makes her the optimal board chair,” said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. “We feel we have the best possible leadership in place as we continue to focus on our new mission and updated offerings.”
The 2012 HSMAI Executive Committee and Board of Directors:
Chair: Barb Bowden, general manager, The Peabody Orlando; corporate director of revenue management, Peabody Hotels
- Chair Elect: Rob Torres, managing director of travel, Google
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jeff Senior, executive vice president, marketing & sales, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Vice Chair: Mark Thompson, vice president of marketing, Irving Texas CVB
- Immediate Past Chair: David Atkins, principal, Digital DNA Infusion
- President & Ex-Officio: Robert Gilbert, president & CEO, HSMAI
Board of Directors:
- Heather Allison-Smith: director of sales & marketing, The Ritz Carlton, Lake Tahoe
- Maureen Callahan: vice president, marketing, Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Elizabeth Cambra: CRME, corporate director, pricing & revenue management, Outrigger Enterprises Group
- Joel Carver: vice president, sales & marketing, CSM Lodging
- Chris Crenshaw: vice president, strategic development, STR
- Jack Easdale: vice president of yield management, The Venetian / Palazzo
- Mike Fegley: vice president global sales, Americas, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Wendy Ferrill: managing director, worldwide sales, Best Western International
- Noreen Henry: senior vice president, global partner services, Travelocity
- Jack Horne: senior vice president, sales, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Brian Keenan: CMP, vice president of sales, MGM Grand
- Flo Lugli: executive vice president marketing, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Marina MacDonald: senior vice president sales & marketing, Red Roof Inns
- Melissa Maher: vice president, global strategic accounts, Expedia, Inc.
- John Moser: chief brand & marketing officer, Denihan Hospitality
- Brian Payea: head of industry relations, TripAdvisor
- Lalia Rach: Ed.D., professor, New York University Tisch Center
- Chuck Sullivan: senior vice president, global online services, Hilton Worldwide
- Susan Thronson: senior vice president global marketing, Marriott International
“HSMAI has always been the cornerstone for networking and resources in the travel and hospitality industry,” said Bowden. “I am confident that with this talented group of thought leaders, we will build upon previous successes and provide the tools necessary for our members to grow their businesses.”
For more information on HSMAI, the 2012 Board of Directors and Executive Committee, visit: www.hsmai.org.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry’s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI’s MEET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org,www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- HSMAI Accepting Nominations for Lifetime Achievement, Top 25 Extraordinary Minds Awards
- HSMAI Accepting Entries for 2015 Adrian Awards Honoring Excellence in Travel Marketing
- HSMAI Europe Webinar: Review and Reputation Management Case Studies and Outlook
- HSMAIs Washington DC Chapter to Host State-of-the-Industry Event
- HSMAIs Washington DC Chapter Announces New Advisory Board
- Hotel Industry Opposes NLRB Joint-Employer Decision
- Rep. Paulsen Applauds Job Growth in Hotel Industry
- Rep. Carter Praises Jobs and Economic Growth on Tour of the Cloister at Sea Island Resort
- AH&LA Applauds General Services Administration for Per Diem Rate Increase
- Congressman Hank Johnson Expresses Concern To DOJ On Proposed Expedia Deal