Hyatt Regency Istanbul Announced For January 2014
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced that a Hyatt affiliate has signed an agreement for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Istanbul with Bosphorus Otelcilik ve Yatirim Ltd.
The hotel, which will open in January 2014, will be the third Hyatt-branded hotel in Istanbul, joining Grand Hyatt Istanbul and Park Hyatt Istanbul Maçka Palas.
Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will offer 310 guestrooms, including 30 suites, with rooms ranging in size from 38 sq m to 180 sq m. The hotel will feature more than 1,700 sq m of meeting and event space, including a 1,000 sq m ballroom, two restaurants, a rooftop bar, outdoor and indoor pools, a fitness center, and a spa. GA Design International will be responsible for the interior design of the hotel. Located in western Istanbul on Rauf Orbay Street, Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will be a short drive from Atatürk International Airport and will be 10 km from Istanbul’s historic Old Town, which is home to destinations such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the Grand Bazaar.
“We believe Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy’s extensive meeting and event space and ideal location near Atatürk International Airport will be appealing to large groups and business and leisure travelers alike.”
Stating that Istanbul had established itself as an important commercial hub and a major tourism destination in southeastern Europe, Peter Norman, Senior Vice President, Acquisitions and Development for Hyatt International – Europe, Africa, and Middle East, said, “The announcement of Hyatt Regency Istanbul further underscores our commitment to building preference by expanding the number of Hyatt-branded hotels throughout Europe.”
Stating that they are proud to work with Hyatt to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to Istanbul, Ilhan Mürsel, Managing Director, Bosphorus Hospitality & Investment said, “We believe Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy’s extensive meeting and event space and ideal location near Atatürk International Airport will be appealing to large groups and business and leisure travelers alike.”
In addition to 146 Hyatt Regency hotels open worldwide as of September 30, 2012, more than 30 previously announced Hyatt Regency hotels are under development around the world in China, India, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Hyatt Regency Wuhan Optics Valley Opens in China
- Hyatt to Partner with Khan Academy to Bring Open-Source Global Learning to Colleagues and Communities
- 150 Room Hyatt House Atlanta/Downtown Opens
- Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa Opens in Japan
- Carmelo Resort and Spa, a Hyatt Hotel Announced for Uruguay
- Argonaut Fisherman's Wharf Hotel and The Tuscan Fisherman's Wharf Now Managed By Noble House
- Starwood Announces Development of a 323 Room Dual-branded Hotel in Downtown Fort Lauderdale
- The Prescott Hotel In San Francisco Now Under Management by Viceory
- Conrad Shenzhen Announced for December 2019
- The Westin Rusutsu Ski Resort to Open December 2015 in Japan