Hyatt Regency Istanbul Announced For January 2014
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced that a Hyatt affiliate has signed an agreement for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Istanbul with Bosphorus Otelcilik ve Yatirim Ltd.
The hotel, which will open in January 2014, will be the third Hyatt-branded hotel in Istanbul, joining Grand Hyatt Istanbul and Park Hyatt Istanbul Maçka Palas.
Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will offer 310 guestrooms, including 30 suites, with rooms ranging in size from 38 sq m to 180 sq m. The hotel will feature more than 1,700 sq m of meeting and event space, including a 1,000 sq m ballroom, two restaurants, a rooftop bar, outdoor and indoor pools, a fitness center, and a spa. GA Design International will be responsible for the interior design of the hotel. Located in western Istanbul on Rauf Orbay Street, Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy will be a short drive from Atatürk International Airport and will be 10 km from Istanbul’s historic Old Town, which is home to destinations such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and the Grand Bazaar.
“We believe Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy’s extensive meeting and event space and ideal location near Atatürk International Airport will be appealing to large groups and business and leisure travelers alike.”
Stating that Istanbul had established itself as an important commercial hub and a major tourism destination in southeastern Europe, Peter Norman, Senior Vice President, Acquisitions and Development for Hyatt International – Europe, Africa, and Middle East, said, “The announcement of Hyatt Regency Istanbul further underscores our commitment to building preference by expanding the number of Hyatt-branded hotels throughout Europe.”
Stating that they are proud to work with Hyatt to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to Istanbul, Ilhan Mürsel, Managing Director, Bosphorus Hospitality & Investment said, “We believe Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy’s extensive meeting and event space and ideal location near Atatürk International Airport will be appealing to large groups and business and leisure travelers alike.”
In addition to 146 Hyatt Regency hotels open worldwide as of September 30, 2012, more than 30 previously announced Hyatt Regency hotels are under development around the world in China, India, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Atish Shah Named Interim Chief Financial Officer for Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Opens in Virginia
- Hyatt Regency Ahmedabad Opens in Western India
- Tim Obert Named Resident Manager for Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Andaz Palm Springs Hotel Announced for Late 2016
- Rezidor Hotel Group Signs 10 New Hotels and 2 New Countries Added to Pipeline During Q1 2015
- Red Lion to Acquire GuestHouse International and Settle Inn Brands
- Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel on North Carolina State University's Centennial Campus Breaks Ground
- Value Place Changes Branding to WoodSpring Suites
- Moxy Tbilisi, Georgia To Open In 2017