Fairmont Changsha China Announced For 2016
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (Fairmont), in partnership with Hunan Taskin Investment Co. Ltd, today announced a new property scheduled to open in 2016 in Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province and a vital crossroad in the transport network of central China.
In addition to a luxury hotel, the global hotel leader will also manage an adjacent new 40,000 square meter conference center at Taskin City in Shengfu New Town – a burgeoning financial and government district of Changsha.
Fairmont Changsha will offer corporate and leisure travelers 350 guestrooms and suites, several lounges and restaurants, Willow Stream - the company’s award-winning signature spa brand - as well as fitness and pool facilities.
Taskin City is a master planned development designed by RTKL, slated to become one of the largest developments in Central China. It will feature 14 Grade-A office towers, large-scale international shopping centers with above and underground space, luxury retail, 900-meter long pedestrian areas and leisure facilities including an ice-skating rink, 4D & IMAX cinema, arts center and theater.Additional offerings will include high-end residential developments as well as an international school.
“Changsha will be home to Fairmont’s ninth hotel in the Asia-Pacific region as we continue to expand in this important part of the world,” said Jennifer Fox, President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. “The city’s energetic growth is fueled by entertainment, finance, culture, construction and manufacturing and other industries, ensuring Changsha’s position as one of the most dynamic economic engine in central China.”
With a 3,000 year-old history, Changsha offers a variety of leisure and cultural attractions and in recent years has established itself as regional epicenter for television production, entertainment, and theatre. The city of more than 7 million is also a major interior commercial port and has been identified as one of China's 20 most economically-advanced cities.
Fairmont Changsha joins Fairmont Beijing, China; Fairmont Chengdu and Residences, China (2015); Fairmont Jakarta, Indonesia (2014); Fairmont Makati, Philippines (2012); Fairmont Nanjing, China (2013); Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai, China; Fairmont Singapore, Fairmont Taiyuan, China (2014) and Fairmont Yangcheng Lake, China.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- Andrew Gajáry Named General Manager for Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess to Add 102 New Guest Rooms
- 252 Room Fairmont Ajman Opens in the United Arab Emirates
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar Announced for San Diego
- Fairmont Heritage Place Mayakoba Opens on the Mayan Riviera
- InterContinental Bordeaux - Le Grand Hotel, France Opening Later This Year
- Radisson Blu Residence Istanbul Batisehir Announced for Q2 2016
- 140 Room Cambria Hotels & Suites in Orlando Announced for 2017
- Summit Hotel Properties Acquires Two Residence Inn Hotels For $56.8 Million
- Radisson Blu Launches in Latin America