ALT Hotel Announced for Ottawa
Groupe Germain Hospitalité plans to bring its ALT Hotel brand to downtown Ottawa.
"Our research shows that there is a real need for quality, well-designed and affordable accommodations and meeting space here in Ottawa," said Jean-Yves Germain, Co-Founder and Co-President of Groupe Germain Hospitalité. "We're thrilled to be continuing our national expansion while fulfilling that need with our ALTernative brand of hospitality."
Designed by LEMAY MICHAUD and Richard Chmiel Architects, the modern 12-floor, 148-room ALT Hotel Ottawa will feature approximately 4,000 square feet of cutting-edge meeting space, a gym and eco-responsible components such as geothermal heating and cooling. Guests will also be able to enjoy ALT Hotel Ottawa's "basic luxuries" such as complimentary WiFi, ultra comfortable beds and helpful versatile staff.
"This new facility will be a great option for visitors, while being a dynamic addition to Ottawa's downtown core," said Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson. "We will be pleased to welcome Groupe Germain Hospitalité's ALT Hotel to the nation's capital in 2014."
Located on Slater Street on one of the last undeveloped sites in the city's downtown business district, ALT Hotel Ottawa will be built into Broccolini's mixed-use complex that also houses THE SLATER's 164 luxury condominiums. Construction of the complex will get underway next spring and ALT Hotel Ottawa is expecting to welcome its first guests in fall 2014.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
- The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Sold For $64 Million
- Tropicana Entertainment Announces Plans for Multi-Million Dollar Land Based Gaming Development at Tropicana Evansville
- Hotel North Woods in Lake Placid Joins Ascend Hotel Collection
- HVS Update - Four Key Takeaways 2015 North America Tourism & Hospitality Investment Conference (NATHIC)
- Diamond Resorts International to Acquire Intrawest Resort Club Group for $85 Million