Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Immobiliare Real Estate Development Group yesterday announced the opening of Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown in Panama City, Panama. The hotel’s opening marks the first Hyatt-branded hotel to enter the Panamanian market and the continued expansion of the Hyatt Place brand throughout Latin America.
”We are delighted with the opening of Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown because not only does it represent the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Panama, it marks the continued growth and development of the Hyatt Place brand,” said Myles McGourty, senior vice president, Latin America and the Caribbean for Hyatt. “Hyatt Place hotels have been extremely well received by our guests around the world, especially in the United States and Latin America. We have been on a path of meaningful growth in the region and being represented in Panama is important because our guests are traveling there for business and pleasure. We believe Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown will bring a new standard of hospitality to the area and provide a perfect blend of style, service and amenities that exceed guest expectations.”
The 165-room Hyatt Place Panama City/Panama is located in the city’s financial zone, in the heart of the banking district. The hotel is conveniently located 25 minutes from Tocumen International Airport, and is near popular destinations in the banking district and the Atlapa Convention Center. Guests of this hotel will also enjoy easy access to local attractions such as Calle Uruguay, which offers a wide variety of cuisine and clubs. Additionally, a Panama Metro stop, a few steps from the hotel, can take guests directly to Albrook Mall.
Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown offers guests:
- 165 roomy rooms, each featuring a swiveling 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed®, and a Cozy Corner with sectional sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- Complimentary free hot breakfast buffet for guests, featuring freshly prepared hot breakfast items, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- Five meeting rooms totaling 4,500 square feet (418 square meters) of flexible, hi-tech meeting and function space
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- 24-hour Gym
- A self-service laundry facility
- An outdoor, rooftop swimming pool with panoramic views of Panama City
- Valet parking
Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown is part of the Hyatt Gold Passport loyalty program. Frequent guests can earn and redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points for free nights at more than 560 Hyatt locations worldwide.
Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown Leadership
Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Manuel Villalobos and Director of Sales Jessica Oviedo. In his role, Manual is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Jessica is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Panama City area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.