Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Concord Hospitality Enterprises yesterday announced the opening of the Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside, the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Pittsburgh’s East End. The opening of this hotel marks the newest extended stay hotel in the City of Pittsburgh, and Concord’s thirteenth owned and/or managed property in the Pittsburgh market.
“We are elated to bring Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside to this dynamic neighborhood. Our social and contemporary environment will help guests feel connected, welcome, and at home,” said General Manager Adam Poirier. “Hyatt House is everything the name represents – a welcoming and warm environment that encourages guests to live like residents. We want each and every guest who comes through our doors to feel that they can let their real-life routines roll on, even when they’re on the road.”
Located in the heart of Pittsburgh’s thriving East End, on the border of the historic and trendy Bloomfield and Shadyside neighborhoods, Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside is within two miles of seven of the city’s largest medical centers, including UPMC Hospitals of Presbyterian, Shadyside, Children’s, Magee-Women’s, Montefiore, Hillman Cancer Center, and Alleghany Health Network’s (AHN) 167-year old flagship West Penn Hospital. Additionally, the hotel is nearby two of the city’s largest universities – University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University – as well as numerous culture and arts centers, including Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History and Phipps Conservatory, as well as the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium. Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside is also just minutes from Downtown Pittsburgh and the City of Champions’ world-renowned venues – CONSOL Energy Center, Heinz Field, PNC Park, and the Petersen Events Center.
Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside offers:
- 128 residentially inspired upscale den guestrooms and studio and one-bedroom Kitchen Suites
- Kitchen Suites feature real kitchens, living space and bedrooms
- Free Wi-Fi access and remote printing throughout the hotel
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, a build-your-own Omelet Bar and other rotating savory options like yogurts, fresh fruit and more
- H BAR featuring the Sip+Savor Menu, a delicious menu of home-cooked comforts and full bar
- 1,100 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space for business or social gatherings for up to 120 people, including a 1,650 square foot ballroom, one of the largest function rooms between Oakland and Monroeville
- Range of public spaces, including a House Market, 24-hour Workout Room, guest laundry facilities, social seating throughout the lobby and patio, which is equipped with fire pit and BBQ grills
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs or cats
- Borrows program for forgotten items
Hyatt House Pittsburgh/Bloomfield/Shadyside is under the leadership of General Manager Adam Poirier and Director of Sales Chris Sorley. In his role, Poirier is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s more than 40 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. Poirier is joined by Sorley, Director of Sales, who is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Pittsburgh area.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.