Autograph Collection Hotels has announced that luxurious boutique property Gewandhaus Dresden has joined the collection and is the second Autograph Hotel in Germany alongside Hotel am Steinplatz, Berlin.
Having reopened in April 2015 following an extensive refurbishment, Gewandhaus Dresden – located close to Dresden's celebrated Frauenkirche - has been transformed under the direction of well-known Düsseldorf architectural firm, STUDIO architects. Located in the heart of the baroque city center of Dresden, the hotel building is steeped in history, dating back to 1768, and formally an important centre for cloth making. The comprehensive restoration process has brought the 97-room property to a luxurious modern finish that also reflects the origins of the baroque edifice.
The hotel’s contemporary designer furniture utilises select materials that play on the notion of modern versus historical, such as the burnished brass lamps and antique leather sofas. Gewandhaus Dresden offers guests an array of facilities including an indoor swimming pool complete with sauna, steam bath and fitness room, along with the spacious atrium and inner courtyard which acts as the centrepiece of the hotel - leading through to a reception hall, restaurant and cosy lobby bar. Gewandhaus Dresden provides excellent meeting facilities, and sports activities such as hiking and chess are also offered on-site.
The Meatery Bar & Restaurant is the hotel’s key dining establishment and serves up a delectable menu of high quality meats, including premium dry-aged beef from the restaurant’s own maturing chamber. In addition to premium steaks, the menu comprises fresh fish specialities from the grill along with homemade burgers. The luxurious cake shop, Kuchen Atelier, satisfies the cravings of even the sweetest tooth, offering a broad range of patisserie treats.
Gewandhaus Dresden is in a prime location just a short stroll from the Opera House, and close to Asisi Panometer Dresden, Fürstenzug and Zwinger. The popular Town Hall Tower is just five minutes by car along with Dresden City Museum.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.