Demands of meeting planners in North America are higher than ever, according to STR, Inc.’s DestinationMAP (Meeting Assessment Program).
The study revealed that all but one logistical consideration increased in 2015 when compared to 2013. Furthermore, factors such as access to a destination, facilities and costs surpass all other considerations when selecting a future meeting location.
Additional highlights from DestinationMAP 2015 include:
- Destination websites and trade shows were shown to matter more to meeting planners than traditional/digital advertising.
- Sources that are personal or directly connected to a meeting planner are found to be the most trustworthy and highly valued.
- Preference, behavior and perception indicate that meeting planners are most familiar with three markets in North America: Orlando, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; and Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Increasingly, meetings of 1,000 or more attendees make up the largest major meeting segment.
- The majority of meeting planners consider a convention center’s proximity to hotels to be equally as important as support received from the convention center.
- Requests for proposals (RFPs) submitted to hotels either directly or through a national sales office declined compared to 2013. The number of RFPs sent to CVBs went unchanged.
For more specific insights into the nature of the meetings market, the performance of specific meetings in a destination and the preferences of meeting planners, please contact: email@example.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.