Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H), PRISA Group and McConnell Valdés Consulting, Inc. announce the opening of Puerto Rico’s fourth Hyatt-branded select service hotel, the $29 million Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center in the capital city of San Juan. Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center is ideally situated in the metropolitan area, just steps from the Puerto Rico Convention Center and minutes away from the international airport and all major attractions.
The 149-room Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center was developed as a joint venture between affiliates of Hyatt, PRISA Group and McConnell Valdés Consulting, Inc. The hotel debuts after the opening of three Hyatt branded properties in Puerto Rico in the last two years: Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamón, Hyatt Place Manatí and Hyatt House San Juan. This hotel opening reflects Hyatt’s and the PRISA Group’s commitment to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean region.
The hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center is located near all major attractions including historic Old San Juan, beaches, the marina, cruise ship terminals, entertainment and sports venues, the Hato Rey business district, museums and cultural centers, as well as the chic Condado and Miramar neighborhoods, home to a wealth of dining and shopping alternatives.
Additionally, Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center offers unique elements and amenities, such as a resort-style swimming pool and water feature for children and as well as a digital artwork display on the building’s exterior by local artist Annette Vaccaro. The unique and innovative digital art installation along the hotel’s façade is the fourth collaboration of its kind between PRISA Group and local artist Annette Vaccaro.
Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center features sleek new interior design offering a new, urban aesthetic intended to showcase the property’s superior accommodations and service offering. “The combination of the new interior design, its unique digital art façade and a resort-style pool offering including a kids’ water playground, is a result of our mission to develop the absolute best hotel in San Juan that is not on the shore, even if it’s just several minutes away from the best beaches in the city,” said Federico Stubbe Jr., President of PRISA Group. “Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center opens in the midst of an historic moment in which the Puerto Rican tourism industry is experiencing a revival, seeing an increase in visitors, hotel reservations and rates in the last five years.”
“San Juan is a vibrant city, filled with friendly people, great neighborhoods, and an ever expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see,” continued Federico Stubbe Jr. “Our hotel is centrally located between Old San Juan, Condado and Miramar – the old and new neighborhoods of San Juan. We are confident that with the Hyatt Place brand’s well-received innovative service concept and modern design, combined with its impressive worldwide growth over the last several years and strong brand loyalty in Puerto Rico, Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center will exceed our guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting our area.”
Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center offers:
- 149 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi everywhere
- 24/7 Gallery Menu with freshly prepared meals at any time of day
- a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fresh-baked pastries, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meetings Spaces offering more than 3,165 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
- 24-hour StayFit Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds and fully stocked exercise equipment
- Outdoor swimming pool area, with over 11,000 square feet of resort-style pool space and water features that includes a children’s play area with slides, sprinklers and other fun activities, as well as an adult lounge area with hot tubs; and a convenient poolside bar offering light fare and drinks.
“As the leisure and business travel industry in San Juan and Puerto Rico as a whole continues to grow, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the third Hyatt Place and fourth Hyatt-branded hotel to the local market,” said Francisco Mariani, Area General Manager for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in Puerto Rico. “With our smartly designed social spaces, guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, integrating the latest technology, and practical amenities for guests such as our free hot breakfast, free Wi Fi and 24-hour food offerings, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need to do while on the road.”
Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center is under the leadership of General Manager Gisela Rivera. In her role, Rivera is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 60 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Additionally, Mariani will oversee the four Hyatt-branded hotels in Puerto Rico, including Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center, Hyatt Place San Juan/Bayamón, Hyatt Place Manatí, and Hyatt House San Juan. Mariani is supported by Area Director of Sales Laura Soto-Reyes.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.