On June 11th 2016, the world will celebrate Global Wellness Day, a not for profit day dedicated to living well, celebrated the second Saturday every June. GWD is celebrated in the wellness community each year by taking initiatives to plan free public wellness events. This year Global Wellness Day will be celebrated in over 3000 properties, in over 100 countries around the world. An international movement started in Turkey in 2012, it aims to help the world realize that 'One day can change your whole life.'
Two Canadians were appointed as the country's ambassadors of this international movement this year - Frank Pitsikalis, Founder & CEO of ResortSuite, based in Toronto, and Noel Asmar, Founder of Noel Asmar Group of Companies, based in Vancouver. As the nation’s assigned chief volunteers, Pitsikalis and Asmar have gathered the support of local governments, leading hotels and wellness establishments across the country to spread awareness of this cause.
“We are so proud to see how our community has embraced Global Wellness Day,” said Pitsikalis. “We all know how easy it is to forget even the simplest measures that bring balance into our lives. As an important reminder to live well every day, we aim to continue growing GWD celebrations for one day every June in Toronto as well as in the rest of Canada.”
“Wellness affects us all, and as a mother of three, my children’s personal health and the health of the world they will inherit is very important to me. By developing a brand rooted in health and wellness and encouraging my staff to participate in weekly personal training sessions, I have embraced wellness in both a personal and professional way and truly support the movement that Global Wellness Day is promoting”, says Asmar.
Below is a list of Global Wellness Day events that are free and open to the public:
Healthwinds Spa Wellness Evening- June 9th, 6-9PM
650 Mt. Pleasant Rd, Toronto, ON
- Free spa service samplers and giveaways from local partner establishments
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto Global Wellness Day Fair - June 11th (All Day)
60 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, ON
- 45-Minute Yoga Flow at the Aria led by Audrey Gentile of 889 Yoga
- Private 10-minute consultations with the estheticians and registered massage therapist from the Spa at Four Seasons
- Pop-up shop by Lululemon
- New York Times best-selling author and nutritional therapy practitioner Tosca Reno
- Fitness activations by Equinox Yorkville
- Guests of the Hotel will be greeted in-room with a complimentary farmer’s market themed welcome amenity including Revitasize fresh-pressed juice and gluten-free snacks prepared by Executive Sous Chef Julien Laffargue
Windsor Arms Hotel – June 9th (9AM – 12PM)
18 St. Thomas St., Toronto, ON
- Free Stretch Class at the Deck
- Guests of the hotel will receive a complimentary organic breakfast buffet and 45-minute salt cave therapy
Bahn Thai Spa – June 11th, 2-4 PM
136 Adelaide St. E, Toronto, ON
- Free 2-Hour Intro to Thai Massage Workshop at St. James Park
Village Wellness Spas – June 11th (All Day)
- Free Wellness gift bags to all customers
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver Global Wellness Week (June 6 – 11)
- June 6: Fun and fabulous Beyoncé dance class presented by RSVP33
- June 10: Ride with the popular Eastwood Cycle Sanctuary. This year’s ride is happening on Eastwood’s home turf
- June 11: Sunrise yoga class led by Genieve Burley and the team at the flagship Lululemon Athletica Robson Street
- June 11 - RYU hosts full body and fun packed workout with four of the top trainers in Vancouver
ResortSuite is a sophisticated and fully integrated customer-centric hospitality management software solution developed specifically for hotels and resorts, boutique hotels, spas, clubs and leisure operations, and their multi-faceted business areas. The ResortSuite solution is built on an Oracle database and includes the following specialized modules: PMS, SPA, CATERING, F&B, GOLF, SKI, CLUB, RETAIL, CONCIERGE, WEB, MOBILE, SOCIAL, DASHBOARD, CONNECT and RS OPS. All modules oversee the areas of an operation in parallel but share common core capabilities, creating a customer-centric, integrated hospitality management solution. For more information on the ResortSuite solution, please visit www.resortsuite.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.