Hotel Ylem is the latest property to join the Ascend Hotel Collection, a portfolio of best-in-class unique, boutique, and historic hotels and resorts that reflect their surrounding community by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH).
The property recently completed extensive renovations and the revamped boutique hotel now provides a more personalized guest experience and rooms that include contemporary, ethically-sourced local products such as, in-room coffee, bath amenities, and linens. Its central location adds to the hotel's appeal by offering guests easy access to top attractions, such as the Museum District, Houston Zoo, and NRG Stadium, the home field of the Houston Texans NFL team.
Other unique amenities include:
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Spacious guestrooms with modern fixtures and luxury bedding
- An upscale bar featuring a menu of signature hand-crafted cocktails
- A Happiness Center equipped with comfort items like extra blankets and electronic leg massagers to ensure each guest has the optimal experience
- Art gallery featuring work from local artists
- Digital concierge via in-room tablets, providing a more personalized, on-demand guest experience
In addition to referencing its recent renovations, the hotel's name - the ancient Greek word for primordial matter that formed the universe - underscores its commitment to supporting and growing the broader community. Along with collaborating with neighboring businesses, the 79-room upscale hotel donates a portion of its in-room mini-bar, sundry shop and cocktail lounge sales to charity: water, a non-profit that provides clean drinking water to developing nations. Guests can also wander through the onsite art gallery, which sells works from local artists and then donates the proceeds to philanthropic partners.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.