DoubleTree by Hilton has further expanded its global presence after opening seven new hotels in the first quarter of 2019. The brand has seen substantial international growth in the last decade, and with these newly opened properties, DoubleTree by Hilton now boasts more than 560 unique upscale hotels in key destinations around the world.
In 2008, the brand began its global expansion with simultaneous openings of two properties in Costa Rica, and at the time operated 160 hotels. Ten years later, DoubleTree operates in 45 countries across six continents, providing upscale solutions to those in or traveling to key hubs around the world, with hotels such as the recently opened DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Doral in Florida and DoubleTree by Hilton Kocaeli in Turkey.
“We’re thrilled that DoubleTree by Hilton continues to thrive as one of Hilton’s fastest-growing brands in the portfolio,” said Shawn McAteer, senior vice president and global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “Although guests can expect award-winning hospitality at every DoubleTree by Hilton, each property provides unique experiences for all types of travel, from access to natural hot springs at DoubleTree by Hilton Eskisehir to sustainable dining that helps rebuild the honey bee population at DoubleTree by Hilton Fairfield Hotel & Suites.”
This year also marks 50 years since the first DoubleTree by Hilton hotel opened in Phoenix, Arizona in 1969. Today, as the brand celebrates its 50th anniversary and continues to unveil new hotels in important business and tourism markets around the world, DoubleTree by Hilton maintains its philosophy that it’s the little things that make a big difference, whether welcoming guests with a signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie or serving the local community.
Between January and March 2019, DoubleTree by Hilton welcomed the following hotels to its growing global portfolio:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Fairfield Hotel & Suites: The ideal location for corporate and leisure guests visiting New Jersey, this newly renovated hotel boasts 204 guest rooms and more than 16,000 square feet of meetings and events space. With inspiration stemming from a honey bee, the hotel’s Nectar Kitchen + Bar features locally sourced seasonal menu items and gives back to the farming community to help with honey bee recovery with select food and drink purchases.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Eskisehir: Known for its natural hot springs, travelers visiting the northwestern city of Eskisehir, Turkey can enjoy this hotel’s whirlpool spa, indoor pool, rejuvenating salt and clay therapies and more. Guests can also take in the magnificent forest views while enjoying global cuisine at the hotel’s Vital Restaurant or enjoy Turkish tea or light refreshments in the Lobby Lounge.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport: Just minutes from Richmond International Airport and its historic downtown, this hotel welcomes leisure and business travelers alike to Virginia’s capital. Beyond its heated indoor pool, 24-hour business center and 4,300 square feet of meetings and events space, guests can enjoy all-day dining at Bistro and grab-and-go options from Made Market.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Lisle Naperville: This eight-story, 309-room Illinois hotel is just minutes from historic downtown Naperville with many area businesses and popular attractions. For on-property dining, guests can dine at Thirty 0 Three, which specializes in contemporary cuisines. With 19,000 square feet of meetings and events space, this hotel is the perfect venue for weddings, business meetings and more.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Doral: Located in the heart of Doral’s bustling business district – an area known for its cultural activities and adventurous dining – this modern and vibrant Florida hotel features 150 guest rooms and is the only branded full-service hotel in the area. After a morning of exploring surrounding areas or to conclude a day of meetings, guests can relax at the outdoor pool and terrace with bar and savor an array of dining options.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jamestown: Guests can enjoy great service and convenience to local hotspots while staying in the heart of Jamestown, New York at this newly renovated hotel. After a relaxing afternoon at the indoor pool or workout in the fitness center, guests can enjoy tasty cuisine and crafted cocktails at the hotel’s gastropub, Pearl City Hops Restaurant and Tavern.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Kocaeli: An urban oasis in the heart of Kocaeli, this hotel is a prime destination for travelers to immerse themselves in Turkey’s rich culture and historic charm. Guests looking to relax and indulge can visit the spa with its private treatment rooms, sauna and steam room before dining at L’age D’or Restaurant or enjoying cocktails at Chez Lui Gastro Pub.
In addition to new openings, several hotels recently completed multimillion-dollar renovations to enhance guest experiences and further meet the needs of business and leisure travelers, including:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville Downtown: This hotel is the largest full-service Hilton property in downtown Nashville, Tennessee and boasts modern elegance and contemporary décor, with interior upgrades in all meetings and events space, guest rooms and suites. Specifically, the hotel converted 192 double and double-double guest rooms into queen and double-queen guest rooms, in addition to transforming 20,000 square feet of flexible meetings and events space to reflect downtown Nashville’s country-chic ambiance.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando: This Central Florida hotel, a partner of Universal Orlando, offers modern guest rooms and comforting amenities close to popular local attractions. The hotel features recently renovated spaces, including Starbucks, the lobby, all guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of flexible meetings space, in addition to its new gelato shop and splash pad for kids. Guests can also enjoy access to a Jr. Olympic-sized outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, gift shop and more.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport: This hotel welcomes guests to Orlando, Florida with a location less than 20 minutes from popular attractions and 1.5 miles from Orlando International Airport. As part of the $10 million renovations, guests can enjoy access to various renovated spaces, including the open lobby concept, restaurant, lounge, conference center and event space, state-of-the-art fitness center and all guest rooms.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.