Hilton (NYSE: HLT) yesterday announced it is on track to celebrate the 100th hotel milestone in Mexico by 2022. With several new deals announced this year and others in the works, Hilton plans to open approximately 10 hotels per year over the next three years, adding 30 new properties and more than 4,500 rooms to its existing portfolio of nearly 70 hotels in Mexico – the country with one of Hilton’s largest portfolios.
“As we continue expanding our robust portfolio in the Caribbean and Latin America, our team has strategically focused on growth opportunities in Mexico, as the country continues to welcome a record number of travelers,” said Juan Corvinos, vice president, development, Caribbean and Latin America, Hilton. “Today, Mexico represents Hilton’s fastest growing destination in the Caribbean and Latin America, and we are excited to continue this momentum with both existing and new partners to bring the Hilton Effect to new destinations across the country and the CALA region.”
With seven of Hilton’s industry leading brands present in the country and 10 brands represented in its development pipeline, Hilton is further strengthening its portfolio across Mexico with brands spanning from focused-service and all-suites to full-service and luxury.
All-suites and focused-service pipeline highlights include:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Miguel de Allende: Set to open in early 2021 in one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations, Homewood Suites by Hilton San Miguel de Allende will offer 94 well-appointed guest rooms and represent the brand’s debut in the city.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton San Miguel de Allende: planned for summer 2021 with 120 rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Aguascalientes Downtown: slated for early 2020 with 100 rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Toluca Tollocan: expected to open 2021 with 114 rooms.
- Hampton by Hilton Nuevo Vallarta: set to open in 2021 with 120 rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Culiacan: slated for early 2022 with 120 rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mazatlan: planned for early 2022 with 140 rooms.
Full-service and luxury pipeline highlights include:
- Curio Collection by Hilton set to debut properties in Mexico City – Umbral and Hotel Lafontaine - later this year.
- Canopy by Hilton Cancun La Isla: represents the lifestyle brand’s first in Mexico and is slated to open in Dec. 2019 with 175 rooms.
- Conrad Playa Mita: scheduled to open its doors in early 2020 with 324 rooms.
- Hilton Monterrey Valle Oriente: planned for debut in late 2021 with 202 rooms.
- Waldorf Astoria Cancun and Hilton Cancun Resort: planned for 2021 with a collective 906 rooms.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.