Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport, opened its doors and welcomed its first guests at 6110 North Panasonic Way in Denver. The new hotel features unexpected and experiential elements, including a curated Colorado-centric art program; a lively bar showcasing top local beers, wine and spirits; a resident Golden Retriever puppy named Denver greeting guests at check-in; and an ultra-convenient location just one stop away from Denver International Airport (DIA) on the RTD University of Colorado A-line train.
A collaboration between McWHINNEY – a Colorado-based real estate investor and developer with expertise in hospitality, mixed-use, commercial, multi-family and residential assets – and Sage Hospitality, the hotel's operator, this is the first hotel to open in Denver’s Peña Station NEXT, a transit-oriented community offering multi-family housing, offices, retail, health and wellness, along with hotels, restaurants and more.
“Denver’s Peña Station NEXT is a new kind of global showcase community and we couldn't be happier to provide visitors with a memorable hotel experience in such a connected destination," said Susi Keating, General Manager of Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport. "This new hotel is the most evolved version of Hyatt Place, offering guests an elevated experience while they stay with us. Our location is key - Hyatt Place Peña Station is the only hotel directly on the RTD A-line, making it just an eight-minute train ride to DIA and less than 30 minutes to Denver Union Station."
The hotel's thoughtful and intuitive interior design ensures that guests move seamlessly from work to relaxation. Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport offers:
- 226 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Top-floor suites with balconies and unobstructed mountain views
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Breakfast Bar, a hot breakfast available daily in the Gallery Kitchen features a variety of breakfast items, including cage-free eggs, all-natural bacon and sausage, fresh-cut fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, artisanal breads and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- Full-Service Starbucks serving everyone’s favorite specialty coffees, teas, snacks and more
- The Bar featuring spectacular mountain views and ample indoor/outdoor seating as well as local craft beers, premium wines and cocktails
- Necessities program for forgotten items guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Event Spaces offer more than 4,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space with light-filled conference rooms
- Fitness Center featuring a Peloton bike and other cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
- Indoor heated pool
- Entertainment area with board games and a Sony Play Station, along with a library with digital options for borrowing books
Families are welcome at Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport with a check-in package designed for children, an invitation to choose a trinket from the lobby Radio Flyer Wagon and a designated kid-friendly hotel key presented on a personal lanyard. Younger children can enjoy the Pajama Pancake Party on weekends and a dedicated kid-friendly ice cream sundae bar in the warmer months. Additionally, a rotating complimentary signature hotel snack will be made in-house and change weekly and local food trucks will offer creative dining options for guests directly outside of the hotel on select days.
Highlights of the interior art program at Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport include an integrated luggage wall and historic license plates from Western states. In partnership with NINE dot Arts, the curated art collection offers playful references of Colorado’s past, present and future, plus the connectivity of technology and social media, and the nostalgia of domestic living.
“This new hotel is a great gathering space for the Peña Station NEXT community, which is Colorado’s first transit-oriented, ‘smart city’ development,” said Dave Johnstone, Chief Investment Officer, Hospitality at McWHINNEY. “Hotel guests will enjoy the extremely easy rail access to Denver International Airport along with the modern spaces and tech-friendly amenities.”
Designed by Denver architecture firm Cannon Design and interior design firm Design Force, and built by Alliance Construction, Hyatt Place Peña Station/Denver Airport expects to earn Silver LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Peña Station NEXT is being developed by L.C. Fulenwider, Inc. in partnership with the Denver International Airport Division of Real Estate and Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.