Cambria Hotels celebrated one of South Boston's newest additions and its first location in Massachusetts - the Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston - with an exclusive unveiling and ribbon cutting event.
Executives from the hotel brand franchisor Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) attended the event and delivered formal remarks highlighting the hotel's unique design and ideal location to commemorate the occasion. Representatives from the hotel's Boston-based owner, City Point Capital, and architect, RODE Architects Inc., also attended the celebration.
"Local authenticity coupled with little luxuries are hallmarks of Cambria Hotels and this property – a true gem in our system – is a gleaming example of what the brand is all about," said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. "Boston's first Cambria underscores our commitment to growing the brand in urban markets where modern travelers want to be most. Boston, home to some of the nation's most renowned corporations, universities and cultural attractions, exudes both rich tradition and progressive modernity, and the Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston puts experience-hungry guests at the center of it all."
The Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston features design-forward amenities that bring the essence of Boston to life for modern travelers, including:
- A 4,000-square-foot rooftop bar and lounge that offers expansive, unobstructed city views and a full-service menu, including weekend brunch.
- Antique books, 20th century typewriters, marble finishes, and hues of emerald green throughout the lobby, restaurant, and bar invite modern guests to reimagine the great libraries and reading rooms of the city's past.
- Stylish guest rooms, featuring walnut-finished platform beds with plush linens, modern fixtures, abundant lighting, and spa-like bathrooms. Each guestroom is also uniquely adorned with quotes from famous New England literature, such as the Scarlet Letter and The Bell Jar, and master Massachusetts-based storytellers including Henry David Thoreau, Louisa May Alcott, and Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- Multifunction event space with a two-story glass wall overlooking the city skyline for up to 200 people — ideal for weddings or corporate events.
- Six West, the hotel's onsite bar and café with outdoor seating, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a focus on breakfast-to-go for busy travelers.
- Digital plant installation by London-based artist Simon Heijdens, bringing natural elements into the hotel's urban location. Floor-to-ceiling windows, bright foliage and palettes of soft greys throughout the property also bring the city's deep ties to nature and the nearby Harbor to life.
- A 2,400-square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center.
A visible addition to the South Boston skyline at 6 West Broadway, the Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown-South Boston is located within walking distance of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and the city's rapidly developing Seaport District — which, in addition to offering numerous shopping, dining, and cultural attractions, is home to major corporations including General Electric, Gillette, and Amazon's regional technology office. The hotel sits directly across from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Red Line T station, providing easy access to all points in the city, Cambridge, and Boston Logan International Airport.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.