"It is the combination of an outstanding experience, key luxury standards, and a vital, immediate and powerful sense of place that guests experience while at Saffire and onboard the True North that make them both natural inclusions in the Luxury Lodges of Australia collection" noted James Baillie of Baillie Lodges, and Chair of Luxury Lodges of Australia.
'Saffire Freycinet' is Australia's new luxury coastal sanctuary on Tasmania's East Coast, delivering sophisticated, intimate style and an inspirational experience. Very recently open, Saffire's distinctive design and impeccable yet friendly service have triggered widespread excitement.
The range of signature regional experiences developed for Saffire's guests to connect with the landscape, history, culture, marine farms and wildlife of the Freycinet region is outstanding and the onsite Palate restaurant, under the guidance of chef Hugh Whitehouse, and Spa Saffire deliver exceptional dining and wellness experiences.
A cruise on the 'True North' has long been regarded as one of Australia's outstanding and revered adventure tourism experiences, and Australia's true floating luxury lodge. Cruises are activity based and designed for the most discerning traveller wanting to 'experience the destination' in some of Australia's most remote and hard to access coastal regions.
Commenting on his company's collaboration with Luxury Lodges, Peter Trembath, General Manager of North Star Cruises Australia (owners of true North), said; "Everyone at North Star is very excited to be part of this very strategic initiative to showcase the best of the best".
James Baillie also stated "This is an exciting time for Australia, and the time is right to showcase the wealth and diversity of our uniquely Australian luxury experiences. We haven't had both this depth and quality of product before. Australia has come of age in this important travel niche."
The association's website, www.luxurylodgesofaustralia.com.au provides a wealth of information on the 17 Australian Luxury Lodges, along with direct contact details It also features a useful 'Plan Your Trip' tools which assists with forming itineraries to some of Australia's most exceptional but remote regions, and offers important information about getting between lodges.
More about Saffire and True North:
Saffire, Freycinet - Saffire Freycinet is Australia's new luxury coastal sanctuary on Tasmania's East Coast, delivering sophisticated, intimate style and an inspirational experience.
Discreetly positioned overlooking the Hazards Mountains, Freycinet Peninsula and the pristine waters of Great Oyster Bay, Saffire blends mankind and nature with breathtaking beauty.
Featuring 20 luxurious suites, exclusive day spa, restaurant, guest lounge and bar, this new experience is a celebration of the art of service, internal and external wellbeing, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and abundant wildlife.
In Palate restaurant, head chef Hugh Whitehouse has ensured innovative dining does not compromise the true flavours of the freshest local produce. Menus showcase the bounty of Tasmania's inspiring food culture.
Guests can restore their wellbeing at Spa Saffire which features three retreat rooms overlooking the inspiring landscape and a bespoke menu of treatments.
Activities while at Saffire include a visit to the marine farm for an up close and personal introduction to the local oysters, multiple hikes including to the world-famous Wineglass Bay. The Schouten Island Signature Experience has been designed exclusively for guests to deepen their East Coast discovery. There's a world of deserted islands, wild bushland and secluded beaches to explore in this exceptional region.
True North, The Kimberley - A cruise on the True North has long been regarded as one of Australia's outstanding and revered adventure tourism experiences. Cruises are activity based and designed for the most discerning traveller wanting to 'experience the destination' in some of Australia's most remote and hard to access coastal regions.
True North's flagship "Kimberley Wilderness Cruise" is a 6 or 13 night panorama of spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls, islands and rugged coastline. Other trip options include the "West Coast Explorer" to the Abrolhos Islands and Ningaloo Reef; the "Coral Atoll Cruise" to the Rowley Shoals; "Sydney Rocks" an opportunity to discover wilderness on the doorstep of Australia's largest city and, the "Southern Safari" a safari at sea along the stunning South Australian coast including Kangaroo Island.
The True North has been designed to go where no other ship can go, with high levels of comfort and style. All cabins are spacious and feature modern décor and en-suite facilities.
Daily activities can include scenic walks, helicopter flights, fishing, snorkelling, cultural visits, picnics, flora, bird and wildlife watching, diving, exploring and more...
Multiple expedition vessels or 'tenders' take guests in small groups to experience the wilderness 'up close' and, the luxury of having numerous tenders means that everyone onboard has greater opportunity to do "what they want, when they want". Most cruise options feature an onboard helicopter opening up a whole range of options from scenic flights and heli-picnics to overnight camping adventures. True North offers the opportunity to discover virtually unseen and untouched parts of Australia.
Who are the Luxury Lodges of Australia?
1. Arkaba Station, Flinders Ranges - With 60,000 acres and just 5 rooms Arkaba's rustically chic homestead is an exclusive yet quintessentially Australian experience offering guests classic country hospitality while exploring the outback.
2. Bamurru Plains, Top End - Focussing on environmental sustainability and key luxury standards, this nine room camp exudes 'Wild Bush Luxury' bringing a touch of style to a remote and extraordinarily beautiful region.
3. Bedarra, Great Barrier Reef - A private hideaway, tropical island retreat, surrounded by lush rainforest and private beaches, Bedarra is all about understated luxury and as much privacy as is desired.
4. Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island - Nine contemporary beach-style suites, personal service, exceptional dining and the option to enjoy a range of activities combine to deliver a unique and exclusive Lord Howe experience.
5. Cape Lodge, Margaret River Wine Region - Described as one of Australia's finest gourmet establishments, Cape Lodge sits within 40 acres on its vineyard in the heart of the Margaret River wine country.
6. Lake House, Daylesford - This acclaimed dining destination and accommodation lies on the shores of idyllic Lake Daylesford 90 minutes from Melbourne in Victoria's Spa Country, and is at the heart of a regional food mecca.
7. Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef - A beautiful, natural, remote island retreat and northern-most reef resort with 24 white powdery beaches, five star cuisine and indulging spa treatments and an outstanding dive destination.
8. Longitude 131, Ayers Rock/Uluru - Luxurious, eco-sensitive and romantic. With just 15 luxury tents Longitude 131° is sited to face the majestic Uluru and is the ultimate, exclusive Australian outback experience.
9. qualia, Great Barrier Reef - Located at the edge of the reef on the secluded northern-most tip of Hamilton Island, with outstanding attention to design and an exceptional spa, the qualia experience is one of deep sensory sophistication.
10. Saffire, Freycinet - Saffire Freycinet is Australia's new luxury coastal sanctuary on Tasmania's East Coast, delivering sophisticated, intimate style and an inspirational experience.
11. Sal Salis, Ningaloo Reef - Where the outback meets the reef, and the best place on earth to swim with whale sharks, 9 wilderness tents and a team of passionate guides at Sal Salis offer an exclusive luxe wilderness experience.
12. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island - Offering a unique fusion of nature and luxury, 21 luxe suites, breathtaking views to the great Southern Ocean, all inclusive rates, first name service and personalised experiential itinerary... the ultimate Kangaroo Island experience.
13. Spicers Clovelly Estate, Sunshine Coast Hinterland - A relaxed environment with old world charm, French contemporary style, fine dining restaurant, 10 suites, 22 acres of lush grounds and excellent day spa facilities.
14. Spicers Peak Lodge, Scenic Rim South East Queensland - Australia's highest non alpine all inclusive lodge is spectacularly located on the World Heritage listed Main Range National Park, with a focus on fine food and wine, bushwalking and mountain-biking.
15. The Louise, Barossa Valley - This luxury vineyard retreat combines absolute luxury and inspired design with Appellation, one of Australia's finest regional dining experiences, in the world renowned Barossa wine region.
16. True North, The Kimberley - Long been regarded as one of Australia's outstanding adventure tourism experiences, True North cruises are activity based and designed for the most discerning traveller wanting to 'experience the destination' in some of Australia's most remote and hard to access coastal regions.
17. Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa, Blue Mountains - Set within its own 4,000 acre conservation and wildlife reserve, this spectacular resort offers 40 individual suites with private swimming pools, distinctive dining, luxury facilities and exceptional Timeless Spa.
The Board of Directors representing the members comprises James Baillie, owner Baillie Lodges (Chair); Jim Carreker, owner of The Louise (Secretary); Phillipa Harrison, General Manager Sales Hamilton Island, representing qualia (Deputy Chair); Charlie Carlow, owner Wild Bush Luxury (Arkaba Station, Bamurru Plains and Sal Salis); and Judith North, Director of Sales, Wolgan Valley. Executive Officer, Penny Rafferty.