Marshall Hotels & Resorts today announced that it has signed 14 third-party hotel management agreements in a total of seven different states since January of this year. The company now boasts 6,346 rooms in its portfolio of select- and full-service hotels across the country.
“Averaging two hotels a month since January, we are on pace to enjoy record growth in 2016,” said Mike Marshall, president and CEO. “These new additions are a mixture of existing hotels seeking better results and new builds looking to ramp up quickly, a testament to our ability to operate virtually all segments in all stages of a hotel’s lifecycle. We continue to have a healthy appetite for underperforming hotels that will benefit from improved management and cash infusions.
“Our aggressive growth strategy taps into all major U.S. markets, with our sweet spot tending to be in the Mid-Atlantic and surrounding states,” added Marshall. “We target markets with high barriers to new growth with multiple demand generators. We are confident that our operating expertise, excellent relationships with leading hotel brands and proven track record managing independent resort and urban properties will allow us to continue our aggressive growth goals.”
Marshall Hotels has signed management contracts for the following properties in the first half of 2016:
1. 207-room DoubleTree by Hilton in Binghamton, N.Y.
2. 112-room Staybridge Suites Royersford Valley Forge, Pa.
3. 88-room Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, N.Y.
4. 81-room Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach Hotel, Del.
5. 100-room Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, Del.
6. 103-room La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West in North Olmsted, Ohio
7. 88-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Clemson-University Area, S.C.
8. 124-room Altoona Grand Hotel in Altoona, Pa.
9. 162-room Riverfront Hotel Grand Rapids, Mich.
10. 98-room Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in Winston Salem, N.C.
Additionally, the company has opened the following properties:
11. 56-room Appomattox Inn & Suites in Appomattox, Va.
12. 16-room Anchored Inn at Hidden Harbor in Deale, Md.
13. 61-room Best Western Plus Hammondsport Hotel, N.Y.
14. 50-room Wyndham Garden Rego Park, N.Y.
The company is on schedule to transition into the second half of the year with equal fervor in growth prospects.
Salisbury, Md.-based Marshall Hotels & Resorts, Inc. has special expertise operating three- and four-star branded hotels and resorts, averaging 100 to 500 rooms, in urban and central business districts, as well as suburban/drive-to and resort locations. In addition, the company has a proven track record managing independent resort and unique urban properties. Marshall Hotels & Resorts has managed a wide array of leading hotel brands, including those under the Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt, Carlson, Choice, Best Western and Wyndham flags.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.