Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff
420 North Peters Road
Hospitality - Hotel
The Maintenance position will be responsible for overall upkeep and repair to the hotel's interior and exterior.
Job Purpose: To repair and maintain physical structure of hotel using hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
- Program phone equipment according to hotel needs.
- Observe equipment and utility meter readings on a daily basis.
- Stay accessible to Front Desk and Chief Engineer.
- Maintain files of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Ensure par stocking of regularly used parts and supplies.
- Learn emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand and use specifications.
- Work to precise measurements.
- Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements.
- Lift and move materials and products.
- Climb and balance self.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Previous general maintenance experience required
Hotel experience preferred
Use of hand and power tools
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.