Assistant General Manager - Courtyard by Marriott
Paramount Hospitality Management, LLC
25 West Lafayette Square
Hospitality - Hotel, Management
We are looking for a Hotel Assistant General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location's continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
Specific qualifications for the role include
- Minimum 2 years' prior experience in management; preferred experience in hospitality or travel and tourism
- Sales or marketing experience preferred, but not required
- Front desk/guest services experience
- Flexible schedule
- Background, credit, and job reference check; drug screening
- Proven track record of success and/or improvement
- Ability to listen effectively and lead a team of professionals
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team, delegate/manage/organize projects and priorities consistent with company objectives
- Brand and interface knowledge preferred
As a Hotel Assistant General Manager with Paramount Hospitality, you will be part of a hospitality program that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It's the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a careerÑthe kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Structured retirement plan
- Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
- Professional development opportunities
The position of Assistant General Manager is challenging. This is a position with growth potential within our expanding company. It requires a wide range of knowledge and skills, the ability to lead and motivate others and the ability to see the big picture and handle details. The general manager wears many hats throughout the day and is ultimately the key engineer of success at his or her hotel. The following outlines the competencies that you must cultivate to operate a successful hotel.
A successful Paramount Hospitality Management AGM can blend strategic thinking for long term success with tactical planning and action. Communication with and through department heads is crucial to ensuring the success of these plans. As the AGM, you are also the chief executive officer (CEO) of a small business and need to be able to relate to other business leaders on an equal basis, through sales calls and community involvement.
To ensure continuing long-term revenue maximization and profitability while adhering to the pricing and marketing philosophy of the hotel and ensuring the guests receive complete satisfaction; continuous improvement of quality and service; protection of the owner's asset, including physical structure, financial stability and reputation.
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guests' needs.
- IS COMMITTED TO MAKING EVERY GUEST COMPLETELY SATISFIED.
- Ensure hotel staff, including all new-hires, know all components of the Service Program, and are trained to meet service standards; develop added-value customer service programs.
- Empower hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Ensure hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Ensure every guest has a memorable, positive guest experience
Front Desk Management
- Completes desk shifts as assigned, typically four per week.
- Acts as manager on duty for hotel and manages front desk operations.
- Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and OnQ computer systems.
- Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables
- Produces accurate financial reports on time.
Human Resource Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/ reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk workforce.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as way of doing business.
- Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
- Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security Management
- Know local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Understand and implement “Right to Know" laws.
- Recognize and correct potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognize and correct potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures for the hotel's key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
- Use ongoing safety training to minimize worker's compensation claims
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel and exhibit commitment to making sure every guest is satisfied.
- Ensure all team members, including new-hires, know all components of the brand standards and are trained to meet service standards.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections of the facility to ensure cleanliness and maintenance issues are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Develop added-value customer service programs.
- Empower team members to deliver great guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk workforce.
- Provide feedback to staff during meetings about guest survey scores, financial goals/budgets, and operational issues to facilitate associate understanding and buy-in toward areas in need of improvement.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout the hotel for all associates by enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety.
- Develop and implement processes for continuous improvement of service and performance.
- Identify high demand times and take action to drive incremental revenue during these times through effective yield management.
- Comply with all local and brand restaurant policies and procedures
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.