Assistant Project Manager
8632 Wilkinson Boulevard
Hospitality - Hotel, Construction
2 Year Degree
2+ years construction experience or commercial construction
Familiarity with construction methods and materials
Strong mathematical skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Capacity to work well under pressure and enforce project schedules
Willingness to travel to construction sites and the home office
Demonstrated experience working with cross functional team members to achieve goals
Excellent computer skills a must Microsoft Office, Excel, Project Management Systems
Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction-related curriculum or equivalent field
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
*Reliable transportation to and from the project
*Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which include the heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, etc.
*Able to access all areas of the job site that includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, elevation changes, etc.
*Capable of working in physical positions that may include kneeling, sitting, standing, squatting, bending over, etc.
Assistant Project Manager
Maya Hotels is looking for a skilled Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager to join our development team.
About Maya Hotels
Maya Hotels is a growing family owned and operated hospitality company. At Maya Hotels we believe our team is key to our success. We pride ourselves on ensuring each guest has an exceptional guest experience while developing and maintaining each of our hotels. We understand that our product helps our mission of delivering Happiness Through Hospitality.
Hotel development is at the heart at what we do at Maya Hotels. We are experts in developing hotels from the ground up and in re-configuring existing properties for success. We are involved at each stage of development.
We choose our fixtures, furniture, and equipment for each property with an eye for design and the bottom line.
Our executive team coordinates all details of hotel development from blueprints to grand openings. We conduct feasibility studies, financial reports, and market analysis as well as engineering and construction oversight. At Maya Hotels, we are committed to being on time and on budget.
The successful Assistant Project Manager will have the following skills and knowledge:
· Must be able to interact with team members.
· Read, understand and analyze architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, civil, structural and interior design blueprints.
· Assist in interpretation of contract plans, specifications, and construction plans.
· Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the General Contractor(s) and project team.
· Coordinate with the Construction Team on behalf of the Owner.
· Assist the Ownership Team coordinate with Architect, Engineers, General Contractors and other consultants.
· Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities having Jurisdiction.
· Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
· Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
· Prepare Monthly Reports to Owner.
· Assist in plan reviews and inspections.
· Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
· Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
· Assist the Owner in all phases and aspects of the projects.
· Review contract and become familiar with terms & conditions of all contracts.
· Work to obtain all necessary documents as requested by the Owner.
· Have a good working knowledge of all project documents, including specifications, plans, submittals, subcontracts, shop drawings, and any other project specific documents.
· Assist in administrative procedures and maintaining records for the project.
· Assist the Owner in inspection of construction work.
· Assist with the coordination of subcontractors, including review of scope, submittal and completion of inspections.
· Assist with punch-list and project close-out activities.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.