Workforce Management Specialist - Full Time (Detroit)
MGM Resorts International
1777 3rd Avenue
It is the responsibility of the Workforce Management Specialist to create and implement weekly schedules for the property and make appropriate decisions and staffing level changes based on the business needs while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Mission Statement.
- Analyzes staffing data provided by department and Finance to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Adjusts staffing needs based on special events, large party reservations, table games/slot tournaments while maintaining compliance with scheduling to include departments covered by collective bargaining agreements.
- Ensures the timeliness of schedule creation and delivery to the standards as set out by the Manager and expectations of the business unit.
- Works with department heads to adjust staffing models and approve schedule changes independently, as necessary.
- Delivers best practice scheduling, rotation design, and reporting to maintain consistency among business units.
- Actively advises and provides guidance to the business units around scheduling, labor management, and leave management.
- Determines appropriate times to close stations/tables and call employees into work or grant employees company requested early outs, as necessary.
- Ensures scheduling practice is developed in line with legislative requirements and local law protecting the company and employee interests.
- Ensures ethical and equity issues are identified and managed in the scheduling process
- Analyzes the scheduled versus actual labor used across the business to identify trends in business activity.
- Develops duty sheets and other daily reporting as required by the business. Specifically, develops the allocation sheets for each of the business units.
- Approves and processes manually received swaps, exceptions, and schedule changes which cannot be processed by the portfolio manager.
- Staffs the customer service inquiry counter during opening hours for staff inquiries.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies senior management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- One year of data analysis experience, preferably in the field of labor management.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Familiarity with labor metrics, planning, and regulations.
- Experience in working with Virtual Roster or other workforce management software preferred.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong analytical and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain Michigan Gaming Control Board Level 3 Occupational License.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.