4 Year Degree
Vaco Staffing is seeking Payroll Specialist for contract and contract-to-hire opportunities with our clients in Memphis, TN. These positions would be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing and recording of corporate payroll. Responsible for input and verification of data, maintaining changes to employee tax withholdings and bank data; resolving direct deposit issues; processing special payments, performing final review of payroll, producing appropriate journal entries, and providing payroll customer service. Maintains and processes payroll records and reports for accounting of salary/wages due, accruals, deductions and other payroll functions.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Process income and deduction data using HR/Payroll System.
- Create employee payments, pay records and manual checks.
- Review and verify payroll reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries.
- Maintain a working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Perform final review of payroll data related to salary and coordinate with Human Resources on various corrections and changes for final calculation of payroll.
- Perform various weekly payroll duties, including setting up new account numbers, distributing reports, running queries in PeopleSoft and researching and reconciling payroll related issues.
- Completes appropriate forms to adjust wage/salary account funds or to correct or balance a special situation.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience processing payroll per documented processes within defined deadlines using HR/Payroll system.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with multi-state payroll processing, laws and regulations.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience using Microsoft Office Suite application.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Operating knowledge of PeopleSoft HR/Payroll System required within three (3) months after hire.
- Basic accounting and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must have the ability to access and accurately input information using word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet programs, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and set appropriate trace systems to track projects and work. Completes assignments on time, or advises in advance of any delays. Possesses extreme attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively deal with employees and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.