Receiver - New Glasgow
New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
Inventory, Manufacturing, Warehouse
Are you looking for a full-time job with day time hours? Do you need a set schedule that is consistent from week to week, all year round? Do you have shipping & receiving or warehouse experience? This could be the job for you!
On behalf of our client, a leader in the production of industrial automation products, we are hiring a Receiver to work on-site at a production plant in Granton, NS.
This position offers you:
* Full time, regular hours - Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 4pm - no more working weekends or nights!
* Work starting ASAP! It's an on-going full-time contract
* Starting pay rate of $12 per hour with regular increases based on skills/training
* A tenure bonus paid out every 6 months
As a full time Receiver, your daily tasks will involve:
* Shipping and receiving
* Warehouse duties
* Cycle counting & inventory management
* Customer service
* Lifting and moving parts (typically 25 lbs. but could be up to 50lbs)
* Preparing parts for shipping (creating shipping documents, boxing product, labeling)
* Helping the rest of the team with their tasks
* A mix of lifting, clerical duties and possibly driving a forklift
The successful candidate will have the following traits and abilities:
* Lift heavy items consistently
* Attention to detail
* Data entry skills (computer competence)
* Customer service skills (in person & on phone)
* Ability to work well with others as well as independently
* Organizational skills
* Understanding of Microsoft Excel
* Forklift training is an asset, but not mandatory
* Ability to pass a criminal record check
Your day will be fast paced, and you will work closely with your team. You will spend approx. 70% of your time on the floor working on your feet and the other 30% of the time working on the computer. You enjoy working with others and don't mind using your brain-power while getting a little dirty. You have a clean criminal record.
Apply today to this exciting opportunity! Call 902-422-1373 for more info.
Manpower offers associates valuable work experience, opportunities for training & development, and professional advice. Manpower also has great perks for associates including discounts on hotels, home & auto insurance, apparel, and much more! Manpower also offers a referral bonus for recommending a candidate who is successfully hired!
ManpowerGroup recognizes the importance of providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At ManpowerGroup, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.