Lounge Manager (MGM Springfield)
MGM Resorts International
One MGM Way
Hospitality - Hotel, Marketing
It is the responsibility of the Lounge Manager to oversee all aspects of daily operations for the resorts bars and lounges, primarily Commonwealth and Knox, providing best in class service to guests and patrons. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Springfield policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manage all daily operational beverage functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for property lounges, Commonwealth and Knox.
- Manage the assigned beverage teams to include efficient staffing, team member development and training, performance management, hiring/termination decisions and policy enforcement.
- Assist in overseeing the budget of the Beverage department and P & L. Review monthly P&L's. Analyzes and addresses areas concern and defines needs for improvement.
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of the lounges in effort to support and meet financial goals for Beverage Department, to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, and inventory control.
- Manage delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company's core service standards and brand attributes.
- Responsible for all mixology & beverage recipes, presentations, creative garnish, menu development, and menu engineering
- Communicate daily with Director of Beverage/Assistant Director Beverage providing current information on promotions, and expected business levels
- Oversee any guest complaints and quickly takes corrective action to resolve, recover, and satisfy guests
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction, quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the companies diversity commitment; compliance with company policies, and legal requirements. Address and resolve employee issues; provide recommendations on appropriate counseling and issues progressive counseling to staff.
- Assist with management and support of overall beverage operations, as needed, including venues/areas outside of the lounges, for example Lobby Bar, Walkup Bar, including casino floor beverage service.
- Suggest the selection, purchasing, and usage of all Beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring department employees are abiding by all local & state alcohol service standards & procedures in conjunction with Massachusetts Gaming requirements.
- Implement F & B policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the beverage staff and personnel.
- Responsible for obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the beverage areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service.
- Develop and establishes effective relationships, ensuring positive communications between all operating departments and beverage vendors and suppliers.
- Evaluate weekly FTE reports and volume indicators guiding Assistant Beverage Shift managers to ensure they are operating the most effective, highly productive, and financially efficient shift operations.
- Review, proof, manage, and ensure accuracy for all menu changes, including proper signage, updated web information, advertising platforms, plasma reader boards, and marketing materials in various media streams.
- Ensuring all employees are maintaining the highest level of integrity and following departmental financial control policies.
- Keep employees abreast of any new procedural changes on a regular basis.
- Assist in observing and managing daily Beverage COS% reports, ensuring budget cost expectations/goals are being met.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees and guests.
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in management, hospitality or related field or equivalent work experience with luxury resorts and restaurant organizations with full responsibility over Beverage
- At least five (5) years of experience in a high volume bar or lounge environment that includes at least two (2) years supervisory/management experience.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MA Gaming License as required
- Alcohol Awareness Card
- Food Handler Card
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Knowledge of Stratton Warren Inventory purchasing system.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints, and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to view operations creatively and with sales orientation, possess effective leadership, communication, and problem solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, stressful environment.
- Working knowledge of PC software (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.), fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Understanding, working knowledge of profit/loss statements, variance reports, payroll, inventory, pour cost, and liquor control.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Regular scheduled hours
- Other Ð Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.