Guest Service Agent/Relief Night Audit Full-Time A180022
2427 Kūhiō Avenue
Hospitality - Hotel
Come join our team!
From full-service resorts and stylish hotels to condominium resorts and comfortable budget properties in Hawaii and the continental United States, Honolulu-based Aqua-Aston Hospitality manages about 50 properties across five distinct brands designed to suit any lifestyle, taste or budget Ð Aston Hotels & Resorts, Instinct Hotel Collection, Aqua Hotels & Resorts, Lite Hotels and Maui Condo and Home. For more information visit Aqua-Aston.com or call the 24-hour call center at (855) 945-4092. Aqua-Aston Hospitality is an operating business of ILG, Inc. (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.
Ensure Guests are treated with an Aloha Spirit, accurately, and efficiently. Provide guests with service that anticipates their needs. Assure immediate and courteous attention to all guests and incoming phone calls. Maintain high level of accuracy regarding all information being recorded or flowing through the front desk. Reconcile and balance all hotel departments and related entities. This is to show on a daily basis sales report plus supplemental reports for the previous day's business in accurate and precise manner. In the absence of management will act with reduced authority, as supervisor, thereby simply having the ability to handle all problems, complaints, and emergencies arising during the night shifts.
- To report to work on time and in uniform with appropriate name tag.
- Accurately handle the basic functions of PBX and the front desk such as checking guest in and out, taking and forwarding messages and taking reservations.
- Check in and out all guests as courteously and effectively as possible.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of the shift, balance all departments and make deposit with completed accuracy.
- Post all remaining charges, room, and tax advance deposits, etc.
- Balance, correct, and reconcile all department's accounts and entities within specific procedural parameters to obtain net figures.
- Complete night audit procedures as required by property management system.
- Distribute management and housekeeping reports as directed.
- Compile and correlate departmental figures and related materials for the purpose of creating an accurate daily report and manual report.
- Keep front desk work area neat and tidy.
- Monitor activity of non-hotel guests in the lobby.
- Read daily departments emails and take action as needed.
- Responsible for guest service job duties. Must be visually available at all times, i.e., maintain presence in the front area of desk in order to be promptly available for all guest inquiries and to assure that passerby can see that the front desk is staffed.
- Keeping all supplies necessary at hand by informing Front Desk Supervisor of needs.
- Assist the credit and Accounts Receivable to perform related tasks as requested.
- Prepare end of month reports.
- Ensure cash can and petty cash are maintained and balance at all time
- Resolve guest problems and complaints
- Perform other related duties as requested by Management.
- Attend necessary meetings.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to manage outside departments and agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Management.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure and/or travel.
EDUCATION: 2-year college degree required or 2-3 years hotel experience
EXPERIENCE: 2 yrs front desk or reservation experience. Adaptable experience with travel industry reservation systems and hotel property management systems essential, standard Microsoft Office tools essential, knowledge of database system development preferred.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.