Cook III- Pastry Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
A Cook III is responsible for preparing, maintaining and monitoring quality control for food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
About the Restaurant:
Margeaux Brasserie, Chicago's debut restaurant from James Beard award-winning Chef Michael Mina, will bring French cuisine to Chicago's historic Gold Coast neighborhood. Located on the third floor of the Waldorf Astoria Chicago at 11 East Walton Place, the restaurant will combine the culture and feel of dining at a Parisian café with elevated French cuisine combined with locally sourced ingredients. Margeaux Brasserie will be joined by Petit Margeaux, a classic French patisserie on the hotel's lobby level. About MINA Group: Mina Group is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts.
Mina Group is led by Chef/Owner Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation "Who's Who of Food and Beverage" inductee, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, Food Arts Silver Spoon Award Winner, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum's Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2002, Mina Group currently operates 30 restaurant properties including MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco (Esquire Magazine's Restaurant of the Year 2011); BOURBON STEAK and CLOCK BAR at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square in San Francisco; RN74 at Millennium Tower in San Francisco and RN74 at the Joshua Green Building in Seattle; STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; MICHAEL MINA Bellagio at Bellagio in Las Vegas; and The Handle Bar in Jackson Hole
What will I be doing?
As a Cook III, you would be responsible for preparing, maintaining and monitoring quality control for food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare, maintain and monitor quality control for hot food items including, but not limited to, meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks and seasonings
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Prepare guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen and ensure plates are clean and appetizing
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.