Manager, Project Management
Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Project Management, you will focus on initiatives that support strategic Hilton automation projects and initiatives. You will be responsible for project delivery, status reports, Statement of Work (SOW) processing, coordination, and overall management of geographically disbursed Information Technology (IT) and business teams to maintain alignment and focus on key initiatives and tasks. You will bring your deep understanding and experience along with SharePoint collaboration, strong organizational skills and a collaborative approach to working with extended groups of partners in order to provide dynamic business insight to your team members while supporting project management requirements. You will navigate a highly matrixed environment and collaborate with business, IT and outsourced teams in order to drive requirements through to delivery. You will also support the budgeting and forecasting activities necessary across the project portfolio.
The team will depend on your strong communications skills, both oral and written in partnering with the business and to represent the team in front of business, technical and vendor partners. Additionally, you will build and fine tune Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint presentations for leadership review.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage a complex program office with multiple, concurrent projects operating at various points in the project lifecycle.
- Act as the IT change management project leader for all initiatives that are in the portfolio of specific products and services team.
- Assist in the creation and ensure quality of all status presentations across all projects within the portfolio.
- Build and maintain standards for deliverable storage, meeting minutes, action lists, decision logs, and risks across all projects in the portfolio.
- Support all requirements workshop sessions inclusive of meeting coordination, logistics planning, documentation approach, and follow through.
- Assist in creating budgets for annual planning, supporting business case development and coordination, managing forecast inputs/updates, and resource allocation.
- Monitor quality of solutions via support and suggest changes that can be made to make products deliver at a higher quality.
- Collaborate closely with all IT and business team members to assist in alignment, next steps, feasibility, resourcing, and logical approach.
- Seek to document risks across the portfolio so we can proactively address them prior to becoming issues.
- Run the project demand intake process based on governance standards in the organization.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals who effectively manage complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Associate's Degree
- Five (5) years of project management or in a project support role
- Five (5) years of designing support structures, managing disparate teams, and building collaborative approaches to project delivery
- Five (5) years of experience managing leadership expectations and finding ways to deliver on various initiatives and requests
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Six to seven (6-7) years of professional experience
- Six (6) years of experience working on IT projects in a lead capacity
- Hospitality industry experience
- Proficiency with the Finance and Accounting process
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.