Senior Living RN Clinical Services Supervisor
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society
Health Care, Nonprofit - Social Services, Nurse
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Senior Living RN Clinical Services Supervisor
Location: 6100 - GSS Fargo
4502 37th Ave South
Fargo, North Dakota, 58106-7158
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? At GSS -
Fargo, we provide support and services to residents who call this their
home! As an RN, you will be able to use
your strong clinical skills and understanding of geriatrics to work with a
team of staff and provide amazing health care services to our residents
This position provides nursing and supervisory duties such as management, resident health and wellness, collaboration and monitoring and training and education, as assigned, in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards and procedures:
- Administrative duties to include; accountability for activities under direct control; plans, organizes and oversees work with and for the community and decision-making.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with assisted living state regulations, and other federal, state, and local regulations and Fair Housing that apply to the Senior Living Community and its programs.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, programs and best practices that impact quality, training, safety according to federal, state, and local regulations and program requirements, and policies and procedures.
- Promotes a quality work environment and participates in the quality assurance processes, develops and implements a quality improvement plan.
- Participates in and reviews external and internal audits to ensure quality focus and compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and programs rules and incorporates resolutions.
- Recruits, hires, trains and staffs work area at appropriate levels in accordance with specific assigned duties and regulatory requirements and staff scheduling plan.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and staff and implements proper infection control practices.
- Plans and communicates emergency disaster procedures and communicates plans and procedures to residents.
- Interviews potential residents and assesses residents in compliance with regulations, policy and procedure. Uses assessment information for admission and continued stay in the assisted living community. Ensures all residents meet assisted living qualifications as identified in the occupancy agreement. Establishes a service/service plan for each resident and evaluates on an on-going basis. Responsible for initial and annual instruction and competency verification of unlicensed staff. Delegates nursing tasks to unlicensed staff in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Responsible for overall management of medications, including set up of medications or delegating the administration of medications following State specific rules and providing clinical support regarding unusual resident or staff events or medication issues.
- Communicates with physicians appropriately. Assures physician's orders are noted and processed.
- Monitors overall health status of residents and documents observations and care provided to residents appropriately.
- Receives and shares information with direct care staff.
- Communicates with resident family members appropriately. Directs and assists with resident, family/significant other education.
- Provides and documents education in-services in health related areas.; including but not limited to training of medication aides.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Licensure for state of practice is required.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities;
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
Your contribution to the team:
- Provide resident care and services such as healthcare services, activities of daily living assistance and other duties, as assigned, in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards and procedures.
- Keep a watchful eye over resident health, and help as needed with transferring, repositioning and walking using correct and appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Provides assistance with wellness or recreational programs and encouraging residents to participate. Adheres to OSHA and CDC guidelines to minimize infections by following aseptic cleaning techniques, including those that apply to blood borne pathogens.
- Provides assistance with resident self- administration, documentation and storage of medications, all with proper training.
What's in it for you:
- You will work in a faith-based organization with daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate). And you'll be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team. Just ask our employees - it's what they love most about their role at the Society. That, and our opportunities for advancement. We offer:
- Competitive wage
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate)
- Years of service recognition program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Profile by Sanford - Weight Loss Program
- Verizon and AT&T Discounts
- Hotel Discounts
You're a good fit if:
- You bring a smile to work every day
- Have a good work ethic and, are a team player
- Have a compassionate nature
- Completion and certification in an accredited nursing assistant training program
- State approved medication aide course as required by state
- This may require a high school diploma or a GED - refer to state regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Drive accountability
Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Are you up to the challenge?
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.