Seasonal Pool Receptionist (MGM Grand)
MGM Resorts International
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV
Admin - Clerical
Please note: This job posting is designed to create a pool of qualified candidates for current and future opportunities.
Pool Receptionists are responsible for cabana set up and cleaning, responding to cabana request emails, creating the booking in our reservation system, maintaining the cabana books, welcoming the cabana guests to the MGM Grand Pool, seating guest in assigned amenities and assisting the cabana servers with any reservations the guests may require.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features, services, attractions, amenities, locations and hours of operation, all hotel restaurants, food concepts, menu price ranges, dress codes and ambiance, shows, showrooms, layout, staging, costumes, and show themes as well as all competitors' facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all guest emails requesting cabanas are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilize the Opera Property Management System to confirm amenity bookings.
- Utilize Infogensis PMS in order to process rentals.
- Follow up with guests 1 night prior/ day prior to confirm their reservation and inquire if they have any special requests.
- Responsible for answering phones and assisting with guest inquires.
- Ensure overall safety of guests in pool area.
- Coordinate daily cabana booking arrangements.
- Cabana set up in the morning & cabana cleaning in the evening
- Follow the service standards listed below:
- Provide a warm and sincere greeting welcoming each guest to MGM Grand, maintaining eye contact throughout the conversation
- Use guest name at least twice during guest interaction. If guest name is not available, use Sir/Ma'am.
- Be knowledgeable of our property, sister properties, and city.
- Look sharp, don't forget to smile (you will project more confidence and pride in your job)
- Show a sense of urgency. Let the guest know that they are your top priority.
- Offer the guest additional services. Anticipate guest needs by listening carefully for clues provided by the guest. Be familiar with services offered by the hotel.
- Thank the guest. “Thank you for choosing MGM Grand. Please enjoy your stay.” Create a lasting impression with your guest and build rapport.
- Identify yourself by name to guest.
- Provide guests with information regarding cabana amenities and pool facility at time of check- in.
- Anticipates guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests at all times.
- Maintains positive guest relations at all times by resolving complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction by both guest and team members alike.
- Walking guests to amenities.
- Work closely with pool and cabana servers to ensure that the highest level of service is provided to cabana guests.
- Maintain guest check- in area. Ensure that it is clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Assist in the sale of cabanas by verbally conveying the benefits of renting a cabana to hotel guests.
- Notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions or items in need of repair.
- Respect the privacy and anonymity of any celebrities that might utilize cabanas.
- Perform other job related duties as directed by pool management staff.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Ability to be persuasive.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 6 months of guest service experience.
- Some college.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.