Seasonal Cook - Pool Kitchen (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
3730 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV
Restaurant - Food Service
It is the primary responsibility of the Cook to perform basic food preparation and operate a specific station with others or individually. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas.
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
- Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Meet with Assistant Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties such as setting up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies; inspecting the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies; checking production schedule and pars; establishing priority items for the day and informing the Assistant Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
- Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
- Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties as assigned.
- Properly label and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Apply basic knife skills required for service.
- Read, measure and execute recipes.
- Maintain a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items.
- Assist Master Cook as needed in execution of service.
- Assist Pantry Workers and Helpers as needed in execution of service.
- Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups.
- Work as a team, assisting all guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of experience as a cook in a similar high-volume environment
- Working knowledge of knives and knife skills.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment to include, but not limited to a slicing machine, juicer, Cryovac machine, small wares equipment.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Working knowledge of weights, measures and various cooking techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.