Senior Project Manager - Architecture, Design and Construction
This Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing design and construction projects for one or more of Hilton's focused service brands to include new development/ground up projects, adaptive reuse projects, conversions, room additions, brand change projects, and renovation projects.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Project Manager will provide project management for new development/ground up projects, adaptive reuse projects, conversions, room additions, and brand change projects. This position will be responsible for providing technical guidance and services, enforcing design and construction standards, and for monitoring construction activities for all Focused Service hotel projects. This will include reviewing architectural and engineering documents and conducting a minimum of three (3) on-site construction inspections for each hotel.
As a Team Member in this role, responsibilities will include:
- Review hotel site plans as part of the franchise approval process for new hotels to ensure that the proposed site will support the proposed hotel in compliance with Hilton standards and prototype drawings
- Contact hotel owner at the beginning of the project and conduct kick-off/pre-design meeting/webinar/conference call with the franchisee and architect. Set expectations for owner and explain the Hilton A&C role, brand standards and prototype drawings
- Review schematic plans (25%), design development (50%), final documents (100%) and specifications in detail to ensure compliance with brand standards and prototype documents. Address concerns immediately and provide detailed written correspondence to the franchisee and architect, explaining the non-complying issues and presenting solutions. Conduct meetings, conference calls, and webinars as needed to explain all requirements to franchisee, architect, and other project team members
- Review construction submittals and shop drawings in detail to ensure compliance with brand standards and prototype documents and the approved plans submitted to Hilton. Address concerns immediately and provide a detailed written correspondence to the franchisee, architect, and contractor explaining the non-complying issues and presenting solutions
- Visit the project during construction as needed to ensure compliance with brand standards and prototype documents and the approved plans submitted to Hilton. Address concerns immediately, in person, while at the site and provide detailed written correspondence following the site visit to the franchisee, architect, and contractor explaining the non-complying issues
- Continually update all project data in corporate tracking system (O2O), and provide accurate information including, but not limited to, forecasted construction start and hotel opening dates for senior management forecasting purposes
- Review and propose revisions to standards and prototype drawing
- On occasion prepare Property Improvement Plans (PIP) and Pre-evaluation reports and review with A&C VP, Brand, and Development as needed. This includes a) Non-Hilton brand converting to Hilton brand, b) Hotel that has been closed converting to Hilton brand, and c) Hilton brand converting to a different Hilton brand. Prepare sketches of possible solutions for commercial areas, guestrooms, exterior design, etc. and present to ownership as part of the Pre-evaluation and/or PIP process
- Travel as necessary to accomplish the goals for the position while managing travel expenses within company guidelines and maximizing travel efficiencies
- Provide project management primarily for exterior renovation projects related to existing Hampton branded hotels, as well as project management for other renovation projects as needed
- Responsible for providing technical guidance and services, enforcing design and construction standards, and for monitoring construction activities. This includes reviewing architectural and engineering documents and conducting periodic on-site construction inspections as needed
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma/Cepeg
- Minimum Years of Experience: five (5) years in architecture, construction and related disciplines including the reading and interpretation of construction documents/plans and experience producing conceptual design drawings/plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication and strong negotiation skills
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Years of Management Experience: 3-5 years
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Design & Construction related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience
- Architect or Engineer
- Experience in design and construction of hospitality (hotel) projects
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.