Software Dev Engineer I
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Dev Engineer I
We're looking for a software engineer to work on web applications used by hundreds of thousands of our hotel partners around the world and localized to 26 languages. We are rapidly migrating these applications to the cloud and are deploying them to regions across the globe.
Our team has adopted a devops model and our engineers are involved in every aspect of the application lifecycle. We release software to production multiple times a week and measure how our applications perform so we can keep improving our features and our underlying platform.
This is a unique opportunity to join the largest online travel agency in the world, and help shape the future of the top lodging initiatives within the organization.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable web applications and services.
- Work closely with other talented developers, both local and abroad, who are building and maintaining systems.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- A bias for action.
- Previous development experience with demonstrated growth in producing high performance, scalable web applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Clean and elegant technical designs are part of your DNA and you have the ability to instill the same drive in others.
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers.
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.