Director, Strategic Sourcing OS&E
The Director of Strategic Sourcing - OS&E will plan, organize, direct, and control the purchasing functions for all products within the specified module across all fourteen (14) brands. The Director will work closely with design firms, brand teams, and hotels to ensure client satisfaction, all while adhering to industry and brand best practices. In addition, the Director or Strategic Sourcing - OS&E will develop, implement and direct global programs in support of Supply Management, Corporate Responsibility and Hilton initiatives and plans, as well as organize and direct the strategic alignment of the Supply Management global enterprise.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Strategic Sourcing - OS&E will develop new or re-negotiate existing programs and effectively manage supplier relationships on a national and/or global scale, as applicable, to ensure that the established level of quality products and services are purchased at the lowest total cost and best quality while also adhering to Hilton standards and operating procedures across all fourteen (14) brands. The Director will act as a key liaison and subject matter expert by engaging, aligning and working closely with Brand Product Support (BPS), PQI, Hotels, Suppliers, Field Operations, and other applicable departments to develop, beta test, and implement products and brand standards across the enterprise. The Director will develop, implement, and direct global programs and products in support of Hilton sustainability initiatives across all fourteen (14) brands.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Ability to execute strategies based on subject matter expertise, technical knowledge, job experience and management skills
- Manage the entire RFx process from conducting initial due diligence to finalizing contract negotiations in a cross-functional environment with applicable brands and/or corporate departments; validate supplier selection and performance through price benchmarking, auditing, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Develop new or streamline existing internal processes to proactively promote continuous process improvements for the Supply Management global enterprise
- Effectively manage relationships with suppliers, distributors, manufacturers, hotels, and other internal or external constituents; provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain supplier and product data including, but not limited to, electronic catalogs, product specifications, brand standards, contract information, pricing, etc.
- Work closely with Diversity in establishing WMBE opportunities when appropriate, including, but not limited to, identifying and qualifying WMBE suppliers and manufacturers and include WMBE suppliers and manufacturers in the RFx process
- Forecast, achieve, and document cost savings, cost containment, cost avoidances through negotiations, bids, and innovative product rationalization
- Work within the established departmental budget throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results
- Develop an expertise and execute strategies on all items within the scope of work
- Perform the duties of a salesperson for the hotels and provide technical knowledge regarding all products within areas of responsibility
- Effectively manage supplier contracts and product data, inclusive of catalog content, product specifications, photographs and descriptions, pricing and file retention
- Approve all changes to existing contracted items, new and/or deleted items, inclusive of pricing verification and amendments
- Collect and manage electronic purchasing data from current distributors nationwide for preparation of analysis studies and to identify leverage opportunities
- Assist corporate management in identifying hotels that are not following established purchasing programs and/or specifications
- Coordinate, conduct and participate in meetings and discussions between suppliers and/or supplier representatives and corporate staff concerning subjects other than normal price, delivery or quality negotiations (i.e., value analysis or engineering, new methods, techniques and processes)
- Develop new programs and/or renegotiate existing programs with suppliers, distributors, and manufacturers, through the use of cross-functional teams
- Work with primary stakeholders and HHC Legal to develop contracts on any exceptions to the standard contract language
- Analyze all bids using a weighted-average, document the cost effect analysis, and award the bids accordingly
- Communicate the announcement of the successful bid and send confirmation letters to the companies that were not selected
- Incorporate the supplier contract information into a cross-referenced database
- Validate the supplier selection process through benchmarking, inclusive of supplier tours and the completion of supplier questionnaires
- Check supplier's references and where feasible, research the financial health of the company
- Conduct performance and financial audits ensure the supplier and manufacturer is charging the correct price to our properties
- Spot-check the quality of product at a property to ensure acceptable quality levels are maintained
- Forecast cost savings and new or re-bid program synergies
- Document all cost savings, cost containment, and cost avoidance initiatives, inclusive of product rationalization where applicable
- Measure the savings and perform analysis of the actual savings against the forecasted savings
- Prepare written reports for management, using a variety of media tools, inclusive of PowerPoint presentations, Access database reports, and Excel spreadsheets
- Maintain confidential supplier files and databases including order logs, requisitions, purchase orders, pricing, certificate of product liability insurance and general supplier information
- Implement direction by executive management to ensure the overall strategic direction of the team is consistent with and supported by Human Resources, Legal and Finance
- Interface with discipline managers and/or brand managers regarding product specifications and standards
- Maintain accurate specifications by hotel brand
- Work with suppliers, manufacturers, and cross-functional teams to conduct product reviews and product rationalization
- Determine new and innovative ways to reduce product costs and/or improve product quality
- Standardize commonly purchased items
- Conduct data analysis to document pricing rationale
- Identify and oversee resources and activities of your module and confer as appropriate with hotels and key stakeholders or departments throughout the company, so objectives are accomplished
- Direct the grouping of and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources
- Ensure communication plan as established by department head is properly executed
- Oversee and evaluate business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department
- Manage the cross-functional links between with all brands, hotels, strategic sourcing modules, and corporate departments
- Direct the development and administration of items within the scope of the module
- Provide direction and directives to the departmental team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives
- Execute directives of organization's mission, goals and objectives and demonstrates through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership
- Supervise the Purchasing and Supply Managers and Buyers who research product availability, pricing, specifications, and product usage requirements and/or recommendations
- Communicate on a regular basis the above information to all Regional Purchasing Offices, Directors of Purchasing, Brand Management and other hotel departments as required
- Supervise the Purchasing and Supply Managers and Buyers who manage existing purchase orders to ensure completeness and accuracy, reflecting the latest requirements, terms and conditions and in compliance with company-supplier agreements, and with all governing regulations
- Assist in expediting orders as needed
- Supervise the Purchasing and Supply Managers and Buyers to provide Accounts Payable with the necessary information to ensure billing accuracy and payment reconciliation to the suppliers
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable to ensure accuracy of invoicing to the properties
- Effectively manage conflict resolutions and handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner
- Assist the Credit Office to establish new property accounts as needed
- Supervise the Purchasing and Supply Managers and Buyers to document all requests for quotations (RFQ's), confirm specifications, and if needed contact the supplier for additional information and/or quotation; where applicable, negotiate the price with the supplier and forward the price to the inquiry originator
- Conduct effective management of third party partners
- Negotiate and monitor the quality and cost of services
- Manage effective partnerships with manufacturers, distributors, service providers, hotels, brands, corporate departments, other internal or external constituents, etc.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree or a High School Degree/GED and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of Sourcing experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of purchasing and/or strategic sourcing experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of Hospitality related experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel as necessary
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of purchasing and/or strategic sourcing experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Hospitality related experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of managerial experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA)
- Understanding and exposure to ERP, eProcurement, or related systems or software
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.