Lead Hotel Maintenance Engineer
DELMONTE HOTEL GROUP
Facilities, General Labor, Hospitality - Hotel
We are looking for a self-motivated Lead Maintenance Engineer with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 6 months to 1 year related experience in engineering and maintenance or related area
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and complete tasks individually
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
As a Lead Maintenance Engineer with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It's the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a careerthe kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
- Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
- Discounts on food and beverages
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team!
We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Lead Maintenance Engineer for our NEW Courtyard Marriott Troy located in the waterfront district. Opening in the Fall of 2018, our 132 room Courtyard Marriott Troy is poised to change the way locals and visitors experience Troy.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today we're waiting to hear from you!
As a Lead Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the proper working order of all physical hotel assets while coordinating the activities of the Engineering staff
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Review, analyze and report on preventative maintenance results of all key property areas including grounds, guest rooms, common areas, pools, equipment and systems.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule for all public space and guest rooms.
- Ensure proper inventory is kept of necessary equipment, parts and supplies.
- Assist the General Manager with directing, training and mentoring the Engineering staff in skilled trouble shooting and repair using proper Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Masonry or other engineering or mechanical techniques.
- Coordinate work assignments and maintain records on completed and pending work orders.
- Trouble shoot equipment, systems and facilities and make appropriate repairs. Tasks include but are not limited to painting and wallpaper repair, tub and sink repair, outlet and bulb replacement, woodworking, concrete and tile repair.
- Perform preventative maintenance in guest rooms and on equipment including laundry equipment, heating and air conditioner units, ice machines, spa equipment, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, kitchen appliances and plumbing. Maintenance is performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with warranty specifications.
- Perform swimming pool and spa maintenance duties according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department Regulations.
- Assist with outdoor seasonal work including lawn mowing and snow removal.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the engineering shop and any other areas that work may be performed.
- Log readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units as required.
- Communicate changes in room status with Front Desk and Housekeeping.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Fire Alarms/Life Safety Systems and handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies as needed.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.