Front Services Attendant - Part Time (Detroit)
MGM Resorts International
1777 3rd Avenue
Hospitality - Hotel
It is the responsibility of the Front Services Attendant to greet hotel guests and ensure that luggage is received, stored, and retrieved efficiently and without incident while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Serves as a Welcome Ambassador for MGM Grand Detroit by greeting all guests arriving and departing in a courteous professional manner, making them feel welcome.
- Opens doors for guests entering and exiting the property and opens guests' car doors.
- Loads and unloads baggage from guests' vehicles.
- Transports luggage and escorts guests to and from their assigned rooms and other areas of the property.
- Provides assistance such as getting ice, adjusting room temperature, etc.
- Explains hotel and property featured amenities including, but not limited to, restaurants and hotel operations, night clubs, and spa.
- Logs all items going to and from guest rooms, closets, and storage areas.
- Stores and retrieves guests' luggage in/out of secured designated area.
- Delivers sundry items including, but not limited to, packages, flowers, newspapers, and folios to guests' rooms.
- Maintains control and responsibility for the security of the luggage area/room.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience. Hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds at a time.
- Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.