Bar Porter - Part Time (Detroit)
MGM Resorts International
1777 3rd Avenue
Restaurant - Food Service
It is the responsibility of the Bar porter to stock all glassware, condiments, beer, paper products and other necessary items needed for efficient operation within beverage outlets and hotel mini bars while performing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Delivers and stocks all glassware, condiments, beer, paper products, hotel mini-bar products and other necessary items needed for efficient operation.
- Stocks and services assigned beverage outlets and hotel mini-bars, maintaining par levels of inventory.
- Adheres to established company and departmental procedures, guidelines and policies at all times including but not limited to product handling and sanitation.
- Maintains established company and departmental uniform, appearance, and hygiene standards at all times.
- Responsible for all necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for set-up and breakdown of portable bars for banquets and special events in designated areas.
- Maintains standard of cleanliness of all bars including mini-bars, portable bars and beverage outlets including all related bar equipment.
- Ensures use of correct freight elevators and delivery routes to designated hotel rooms and beverage outlets.
- Organizes and maintains all beverage pump room areas.
- Identifies pump room products and removes non-stock items.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months experience as a Bar Porter or Barback in a bar/restaurant / nightclub establishment.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to seventy-five (75) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, and frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain alcohol awareness certification and food handler's permit.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.