Travel Clerk III-POM
Admin - Clerical, Customer Service
CHENEGAHEALTHCARE SERVICES, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
SCA WD Labor Category:
Presidio of Monterey, CA
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contractsprovide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position isaccepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume ofnon-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The Travel Clerk III will plan itineraryand schedule travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel withdependents, to include household goods and freight shipments, according totravel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and travelregulations.
Assist customerswith the shipment of Household Goods (HHG).
Preparesshipments, coordinates with carriers and conducts site visits. Tasks include passenger travel mission,having authority on travel matters, including the furnishing of advice andinformation to travelers, administrative officials and others; reconciliationof the travel account CBA;
Has responsibilityas the principal liaison with all elements, carriers, and facilities.
Assists customerswith shipment of small packages and freight.
Performs clericaland physical tasks in connection with shipping goods and receiving incomingshipments.
Provide reportsand statistical data of all transportation activities.
Submit monthlytraffic activity reports.
Process IncentivePayments and Reimbursements.
Route and awardpersonal property shipments for pick up.
Process requestfor extension of travel and transportation entitlements.
Process and/orCreate inbound shipment record when documents are received.
Monitor and reviewshipments.
Process change indestination Requests.
Maintain acalendar year record of shipments and tonnage ordered for each DPMContainerization & Local Drayage Contract line item.
Arrange for thephysical or administrative movement of personal property shipments into/out ofNon Temporary Storage (NTS).
Verify Charges andprocess invoices.
MonitorNon‐Temporary Storage (NTS) Lots Expirations.
ProcessIndividual/Family passenger movement requests.
Process overseastravel requests.
Prepare port callrequest.
Manage the travel requestmailbox to initiate and process government-related travel arrangements, travelorders, and prepare vouchers within government travel systems.
Communicateverbally and in writing with staff in the division and outsiders as necessaryas relates to travel processing.
Answer telephonesrespond to e-mail inquiries, coordinate visitor travel, provide information,and stay in direct communication with travel preparers, coordinators andgovernment approving officials.
Prepare, reviewand update administrative documentation: Type correspondence, includingletters, memos, reports and statements as needed to respond to routine requestsfor information related to government travel functions.
Prepare, review,and update administrative documentation: Review the current documents togetherwith other pertinent documents and revise or update the documentation toreflect the current status of travel actions.
Prepare and routefor approval all announcements for all travel-related meetings and conferences.Create and maintain a detailed filing and tracking system that records statusof travel approvals throughout the government approval process.
Input documentsfor tracking throughout a Government office for action, information orsignature as required.
Advise approvingofficials and other Government officials of irregularities in division travelor incidents that might disrupt planned or active travel.
Other duties asassigned
MinimumQualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- HighSchool diploma or GED, and a minimum of six months of related work experience.
- Three (3) years ofexperience in traffic management or aerial port organization as a Travel Clerk,preferred.
- Must be able touse Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc);
- Familiarly withone or more of the following systems/processes/functions is desired: CommandPay/Personnel Support System(PASS); Command PASS Coordinator (CPC); NavyStandard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), Transaction Online Processing(TOPS), Master Military Pay Account (MMPA), Navy Enlisted Advancement SystemOnline System (NEASOS), Electronic Service Record (ESR), Navy FamilyAccountability and Assessment System (NFAAS), Joint Personnel AdjudicationSystem (JPAS), Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System(NALCOMIS), and/or Sierra Hotel Aviation Readiness Program (SHARP).
- Strong written andverbal communication skills
- StrongOrganizational Skills
- Ability toMulti-task
- Must be able topass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) for computer access.
- Ability to workweekends periodically
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Extensiveknowledge on Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) and Army Personal Propertyrequirements.
- Requiresknowledge of Defense Personal Property System (DPS) and ElectronicTransportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (eTOPS).
- Requiresknowledge of Cargo Movement Operations Systems (CMOS).
- Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills
- Abilityto follow oral and written directions.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.