Maintenance Engineer - Facilities (Temporary FT) (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International
3730 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV
The primary responsibilities of a Facility Hotel Technician is to respond to maintenance calls in guest rooms from guests or other departments and provide services in a courteous, professional, and engaging manner as well as perform preventative maintenance throughout to ensure the overall facility integrity of the Hotel/Casino.
- Troubleshoot and repair lighting fixtures in guest rooms, corridors, and other tower locations
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing issues in guest rooms, corridors, and other tower locations
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues, systems and motor controls in guest rooms, corridors, and other tower locations
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment in guest rooms, corridors, and other tower locations
- Climb ladders to access elevated areas
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Work with power ranging from low to medium voltages
- Read and understand blueprints, including understanding the specifications for all fixtures and furniture
- Maintain a property wide clean and safe work area
- Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection standards
- Inventory all equipment and parts to ensure par levels are met
- Have an advanced understanding of emergency procedures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel rules and regulations, including OSHA safety rules
- Be familiar with guest room amenities and hotel facilities
- Aid guests with areas of the hotel/casino
- Utilize communication devices in accordance with hotel and department standards
- Report all guest incidents and cooperate with security for a timely resolution
- Operate scissor and boom lifts and climb ladders to access elevated areas such as ceilings and catwalks
- Drive/Operate company vehicles to and from various MGM Resorts properties
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a commercial, industrial or construction environment performing the above trade specific duties.
- At least 5 years of experience with casino and/or hotel resort operations or related job experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working with low and/or medium voltage equipment.
- Previous experience operating various equipment including forklifts, aerial lifts, scissor lifts.
- Working knowledge of related hand tools, testing equipment, and specialized tools.
- Working knowledge of blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Provide own job related hand tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Hospitality Ð high end hotel/gaming experience.
- Advanced Written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills: Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.