Banquet Captain - National Center for Employee Development (NCED)
About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: To lead and direct the Conference Aide staff in maintaining and exceeding the highest quality standards on a daily basis. Responsible for the organization and supervision of the Conference Aide staff. Tasks include attending all operations department meetings, maintenance and organization of function sheets, supervision of all designated Conference Aide duties. As part of the setting and resetting of the rooms he/she is to make sure the rooms meet every standard established by the center using quality control standards and any special requirements specified by specific groups. Assists all guests in a cordial and pleasant manner.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Understands, follows, and enforces all Aramark and location policies and procedures.
- Ensures that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency, the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed to maintain a safe working environment.
- Participation in all operational department meetings (daily operations meeting)
- Organization and distribution of daily function sheets to Conference Aide staff.
- Review function sheets for accuracy or discrepancies and assign tasks based on functions and events.
- Daily inspection of all rooms, ensuring accurate logistics set up as well as adherence to standards established for room set ups.
- Supervision and participation in sets all Breakout or Workshop rooms according to the specifications given by the Conference Planners.
- Represents Aramark and the location in such a manner as to enhance their reputation.
- Makes sure rooms are clean and pass the standard quality assurance before a workshop or breakout session is to begin. This includes but is not limited to; floors being vacuumed and free of stains, walls being cleaned, windows being clean, and all lights working.
- Maintains constant inspections of areas and gives pointers to employees on how to achieve the best results.
- Reports any maintenance items by completing a work order to maintenance.
- Makes sure all breakouts and workshop rooms are up to par on all meeting room supplies.
- Supervises and participates in refreshes of all breakout and workshop rooms after each meeting.
- Assists any guests by answering their questions. If unable to answer questions find someone who can.
- Consistently strives to improve the communication process and always follows up with the Logistics Manager.
- Maintains a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Uses good judgment, common sense, and fairness in decisions with employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Assist with scheduling conference aide team based on functions and events in conjunction with the conference services manager.
- Availability to assist when overtime is necessary.
- Requires a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve the required results.
- Two years of experience as a Banquet Set-up Person and one year of experience as a Banquet Captain at a hotel is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly speak English.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.