Host / Hostess / Order Taker - Jackrabbit - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
What will I be doing?
A Host / Hostess at Jackrabbit is responsible for greeting guests in a helpful, friendly, courteous, and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Greets and escorts guests to restaurant tables in a friendly and courteous manner. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Maintain a continuous presence at the host/hostess stand in order to greet guests as they arrive, offers choice of seating, then escorts guests to their table and promptly presents menus. Demonstrates knowledge of menu, and our restaurants' internal and external environments.
- Input order into the Micros system allowing kitchen staff to begin preparation; note any special requests clearly. Set-up trays for delivery.
- Accept and properly log restaurant reservations. Assure that the number of guests is fairly divided among servers' sections. Notifies management in case of dissatisfied guest.
What are we looking for?
- Prior food and beverage experience preferred
- Open availability to work varying days/shifts between the hours of 6:30am-11:30pm, including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain a Food Handlers Card and OLCC Certification.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (Specific Standards Available)
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to answer and prioritize incoming phone calls on a multi-line system.
- Basic mathematical skills. Ability to operate a point-of-sale system
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with Guests.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.