Senior Analyst – Hotel & Retail Analytics (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV
The Senior Analyst Ð Hotel & Retail Analytics works proactively within the Hotel & Retail Operations functional areas to identify optimization opportunities. Success in this position requires a deep analytical skillset combined with the ability to integrate and analyze divergent sets of data to better understand the drivers of value across the line of business and how those drivers can be leveraged to further MGM's goals, strategies and opportunities for growth. Assist in leading the analysts on the team to create cross-property benchmarks, insights based on analytic techniques to remediate issues and improve financial and operational performance. Fosters relationships with business counter-parts and becomes a credible partner, who seeks to understand and identify business needs and is able to ensure implementation of analytics initiatives.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Identifies and performs due diligence around insight areas.
- Identifies business requirements and collaborates with Enterprise Analytics team in pass-off of requirements for execution and IM development.
- Manages new reporting and insight demands with currently in-progress projects.
- Contributes the building of analytics capability across aligned functional area(s) and properties.
- Drives the demand management process through reviewing, prioritizing, and reporting on Property/Corporate requests to Vice President Ð Hotel, F&B, Entertainment, & Retail Analytics and communicating key requirements to the Enterprise Analytics team for development.
- Reviews findings with and makes recommendations to the EA leadership, business partners, and other team members.
- Provide inputs to Value Measurement process to ensure business results are achieved.
- Proactively learns the business across functional areas in preparation for future specialization.
- Networks externally to seek innovation.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics).
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant subject area (e.g., industry or function) with experience driving business performance through operational insights and analytics.
- Previous experience leading teams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics).
- Experience in hospitality operations.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.