CONTROLLER, HOTEL HERSHEY
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Hospitality/Tourism
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word, and financial systems.
- Solid understanding of P&L statements and accounting procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and team developer.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Hospitality Management
- Industry Experience - Food & Beverage
- Master's degree - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Hospitality Management
- Pre-Employment - Accounting/Finance/Hospitality certifications a plus
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (
- Lifting Occasional (
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (
- Stooping Occasional (
- Bending Occasional (
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- May include working on evenings/weekends/holidays as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is looking for an experienced Controller at the Hotel Hershey to serve as the key financial liaison and resource for the Hotel. This position supports the Hotel by providing timely and accurate financial analysis and reporting to assist with business decisions as well as budgeting, forecasting and preparing periodic financial statements for the Operation. Additionally, this role has oversight of financial responsibilities for the Hershey Laundry and MeltSpa.
- Participate in the development of the property's plans and programs as a strategic partner. Compile, review and analyze financial and statistical data to provide information and decisions support to Hotel Hershey management. Partner with management in identifying opportunities for revenue growth, cost reduction, and improvement of performance metrics. Participate in strategic planning sessions and develop pro forma's and ROI's for new initiatives and capital investments at the Hotel.
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenue and expenses by department; monitor revenue and expenses in relation to budget and prior year; communicate forecast changes and budget variances to management. Compile and distribute various monitoring reports (i.e. sales pace and weekly labor reports) to the Hotel team.
- Record and report financial results, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly P&L statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.
- Lead and coordinate the annual budget process for the Operation; prepare summary and statistical reports for formal budget presentations to senior management.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations, and increase efficiencies. Seek opportunities to streamline processes, strengthen internal controls, and improve checks/balances within the Hotel operation. Facilitate the development, documentation, and implementation of enhanced processes. Review purchases, expense reports, capital projects, and other transactions for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Supervise, support, coach, and develop one direct report: Finance Manager, Hershey Laundry.
- Administer Hotel Hershey incentive plans by computing periodic incentive earnings, initiating payment to plan participants, and communicating plan achievement to Hotel management and Compensation.
- Perform additional duties in support of the Hotel Hershey and other divisions as assigned.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.