THE GRAND HOTEL AT THE GRAND CANYON
Grand Canyon Village, AZ
Restaurant - Food Service
Built in 1998, the Grand Hotel is a luxurious hotel just one mile from the south entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park, with scenic South Rim of the Canyon just a short car ride away. The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon resembles a sprawling three-story chalet with the perfect blend of rustic and modern design.
The Grand Hotel is one of the hotels at the Grand Canyon operated by Xanterra Travel Collection, the largest national parks concessioner in the U.S. You can learn more of The Grand Hotel at http://www.grandcanyongrandhotel.com
Xanterra Travel Collection's 8,200 employees operate 33 hotels and lodges with more than 5,000 guest rooms, 53 retail stores, 66 restaurants, three marinas, five golf courses, and 1,800 campsites within national and state parksÑ from the lush wilderness of Ohio's state parks to the stark desert of Death Valley. https://www.xanterra.com/
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for supervising the floor and overseeing the daily operation of The Grand Hotel food and beverage outlets. This includes all aspects of guest service, cleanliness of the restaurant facilities and building employee relationships. In addition, this position supports the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager with advanced administrative responsibilities including Kronos, accurately logging invoices; tracking uniform usage and overseeing Coffee Bar supplies.
5 Day to Day duties but not limited to:
- Supervising and overseeing the daily operation of The Grand Hotel food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure all guest complaints (food quality, quantity and service) and employee concerns/issues are investigated, resolved and handled in a professional manner
- Employee timekeeping and scheduling, logging invoices; tracking uniform usage and overseeing Coffee Bar supplies.
- Objectively observe and evaluate work performance of all employees on staff to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Responsible for compliance and enforcement with all health and safety regulations.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the The Grand Hotel Food and Beverage outlets to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of Coconino Health Department and Arizona Liquor Laws.
- Responsible for effective enforcement of all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC food and beverage hospitality standards, procedures, policies and environmental program.
- Support F&B Corporate Xanterra University, TIPS & Serv-Safe classes by scheduling staff and assisting with conducting assigned classes. Review tracking of front of house (FOH) staff to be in compliance with TIPS and Arizona Liquor Law.
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are in place and are enforced for check outs, voids, comps, spec sheets special event billing and tours. Responsible for FOH general invoices, coding; and tracking for non-foods and beverage.
- Ensure all side work duties are assigned, enforced and completed. Update list of duties as necessary and ensure communication with all staff employees.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety regulations and enforcing sanitary practices for food handling, wearing personal protective equipment, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining and food service areas.
- Under the direction of the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure that business unit(s) conforms to budget limitations. Records daily sales and labor costs on the “Actuals” spreadsheet to monitor labor costs.
- Co-responsible with back of house (BOH) Managers for efficient buffet set-up, maintenance and break down in accordance with current timetable. Follow staffing guides for FOH and sets up sections for the meal period. Working with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager, make necessary adjustments based on staffing absences and last minute changes such as increase/decrease in bus counts.
- Under direction of the, General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager responsible for conducting daily “Service Briefings” and training staff: proper evacuation procedures and how to execute plan timely, MSDS location, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) procedures, liquor wine and beer selections, etc. Ensure staff is aware of any personnel issues, special events or equipment issues.
- Ensure all guest complaints (food quality, quantity and service) and employee concerns/issues are investigated, resolved and handled in a professional manner; follow-up with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Responsible for making sure the inside and outside signage for business unit(s) are correct and clean.
- Perform periodic walk-through in the dining room and business unit(s); working closely with all BOH Managers to look at all areas of food service to ensure food quality, consistency, presentation, cleanliness and safety is maintained. Participate in quarterly F&B audits to determine areas and/or processes which may have opportunities for improvement.
- Required to participate in End of Month Inventory.
- Responsible for completing accident reports thoroughly and communicating with the Risk Manager as soon as possible, following-up with the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Ensure staff members adhere to all grooming and uniform standards; meeting the appearance standards as outlined in the Xanterra Tusayan, LLC Employees Handbook and departmental guidelines.
- Must be able to perform duties related to opening/closing of all food and beverage outlets including Coffee Bar.
- Must communicate with other F&B managers and the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager regarding guest concerns or complaints, employee issues and/or concerns; maintenance repair needs; and suggestions for improvement on the efficiency and operation of the restaurant and business unit(s).
- Ensure that staff is adhering and in compliance with all prescribed Company, statutory/regulatory policies and procedures regarding worker safety (OSHA), food handling requirements, the sale of alcoholic beverages, vehicle operation and risk management.
- Must have a full understanding of company policies to be able to objectively observe and evaluate work performance of all employees on staff to ensure compliance, while providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring staff to a level of acceptable work performance. When necessary, confer with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager to provide the necessary written documentation for an employee's evaluation, corrective action reports and/or accident/injury reports.
- Responsible for completing weekly manager schedules and scheduling employee's as required to meet business needs; review with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager to ensure schedules meet labor budget and guest demands.
- Responsible for completing hourly staff annual evaluations in a timely fashion; review with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager. Complete periodic informal evaluations (HIGS) for FOH staff members on a bi-annual basis.
- Responsible for administering disciplinary actions fairly and consistently with the approval of General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Hold daily pre shift meetings with the staff.
- Maintain and project a positive, professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Ensure all required training is completed and documented for all personnel.
- Ensure quarterly (non-food) inventories are counted to maintain sufficient par levels of all small wares, china and silverware for proper service.
- Responsible for administrative duties which include daily review and approval of all FOH employees' time through Kronos.
- Responsible for placing liquor, wine & beer orders in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to all prescribed Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and corporate commitments to maintain ISO 14001 goals and guidelines; follow-up daily on recycle program and education of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years previous food service management experience with a thorough knowledge of food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word and Excel) to communicate effectively; to approve Kronos and enter comps and voids when necessary.
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. Will consider a combination of practical experience and education as an alternate is preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills a plus.
- This position comes with a “very competitive” pay plan..
- We also offer discounts on Lodging, Food & Beverage, Retail, at all the Xanterra Destinations. https://www.xanterra.com/
• We offer a very competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation and Sick. The Grand Hotel offers flexibility and growth opportunities, employees enjoy many benefits including the ability to transfer to any of the many properties within Xanterra Parks & Resorts nationwide. In addition to The Grand Hotel's total reward package we proudly offer our employees' complimentary laundry, satellite TV, air conditioned housing, use of pool, fitness center and an upgraded employee dining menu.
See job description
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.