Dishwasher - Full-Time
Benihana National Corporation
5255 Marlton Pike West
Pennsauken Township, NJ
General Labor, Skilled Labor - Trades, Restaurant - Food Service
This is an entry-level food service position that is responsible for washing and cleaning tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Responsible for all utility and/or maintenance duties in the restaurant as assigned.Responsibilities
In accordance with Benihana's service and cooking procedures:
• Loads, runs and unloads the dish machine.
• Keeps the dish machine clean and reports any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
• Monitors dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
• Washes and stores all tableware and kitchenware.
• Keeps dish room clean and organized.
• Maintains adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
• Bags and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times.
• Handles tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
• Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies in accordance with SDS..
• Cleans food preparation and production areas as required.
• Fills in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or kitchen chef.
• Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisorQualifications
• Basic food preparation knowledge preferred. • Previous experience in food preparation preferred but not required. • Previous experience working in a restaurant, catering business or hotel kitchen highly desirable. • High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age or older. • Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.