Hibiscus Pool - Beverage Server - Full Time
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Restaurant - Food Service
A Cocktail Server is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Cocktail Server, you would be responsible for serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
- Take guest beverage and/or food orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
What are we looking for?
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of 6 months servingexperience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Maui Liquor Card, TB clearance
All team members must maintain aneat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL ANDABILITY
The individual must possess thefollowing knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain anddemonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, withor without reasonable accommodation.
Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation andservice of various alcoholic beverages.
Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware andmenu items.
Ability to read, sufficient to understand menus and specialpromotions, speak and write the English language to communicate with the guest,and take orders.
Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menuitems.
Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 10 lbs.through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
Ability to operate beverage equipment such as a blender.
Ability to operate a keyboard and learn point of saleprocedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
Since being founded in 1919, Hiltonhas been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beaconof innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result ofour Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically,we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading globalhospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-servicehotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly acentury, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest inaccommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuingits tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision tofill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team tocreate remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.