Senior Analyst – Hotel, Entertainment, F&B, & Retail Analytics (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV
The Senior Analyst Ð Hotel, Entertainment, F&B, & Retail Analytics works proactively on modeling and forecasting analytical needs for the functional areas. Fosters and develops relationships with internal business partners, seeks to understand business operations and pain points and works to become a subject matter expert in the data. Success in this position requires a deep analytical skillset, including the ability to integrate and analyze divergent sets of data to better understand the drivers of business and how those can be leveraged to further MGM's goals, strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Lead weekly demand forecast modelling for F&B and Entertainment businesses.
- Refine analytical and forecasting capabilities to drive continuous improvement for supported business segments.
- Identifies data/analytics requirements and collaborates with Business Intelligence to ensure effective execution.
- Drives ownership of the demand management process through reviewing, prioritizing, and executing on high priority opportunities from Property/Corporate requests.
- Manages relationships to understand business problems and analytical needs.
- Communicates and reviews findings with Corporate / Property / Enterprise Analytics partners.
- Networks externally to seek innovation.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect and ensure hiring is aligned with necessary “skill and will” to drive EA success.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Programming or related fields (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics).
- At least 2 years of experience in relevant subject area (e.g., industry or function) with experience driving business performance through operational insights and analytics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Programming or related fields (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics).
- Previous experience leading teams.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.