Director of Front Office - Hilton New York Midtown
Hilton Hotels & Resorts
New York, NY
New York City's largest hotel, Hilton New York Midtown, is looking for a new Director of Front Office! The Director of Front Office is responsible for directing and administering of all Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This position will report into the Director of Front Office/Director of Hotel Operations and oversee a leadership team of 2 Assistant Directors of Front Office, 1 Guest Relations Manager, 4 Assistant Front Office Managers and over 100+ union team members throughout front office operations.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Front Office, you would be responsible for directing and administering of all Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Implement and monitor all corporate marketing programs
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Run and complete daily reports, analyze data and make decisions based on data
- Resolve guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.