Medical Assistant - Certified
Prostate Oncology Specialists, Inc.
Marina del Rey, CA
Hospitality - Hotel
You will ensure a pleasant attitude and working good relationship with clients, patients and co-workers. Assist with general office work as time allows. Handle any other needs assigned to you by your supervisors. Your work is all done with due diligence, accuracy, legibility, professionalism and completion. Patient phone calls are returned within 24 hours or same day.
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician. Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts. Draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Requires a high school diploma and medical assistant certificate and 0-2 years of experience in a related field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Prior or Retro Authorizations
- Insurance Verifications
- Communicates to staff and patients to handle your job correctly
- Dispense drugs. i.e. Lynx inventory
- Educates self on prostate cancer
- Ensures the satisfaction of patients by meeting reasonable requests
- Ensures efficiency and makes notes or corrections to improve the office flow of billing
- Order necessary supplies and inventory for your department
- Vital signs, injections, venipuncture, lab specimen handling and processing
- Phone calls, pharmacy call backs
- Patient education
- Front office duties: patient check in, new patient processing
- Knowledge and duties of research study and lab protocols
- Prep all exam rooms for patients Ði.e. ultrasound rooms
- Ensure safety standards
- Restock rooms and keep general areas clean
- Will be a floating position from back to front office
- Checks orders of laboratory
- Medical records
- Performs a variety of other duties, which include clerical duties and data entry
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.